460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have experience with these tires on the street? The N50-15's look like the size I'm looking for. http://store.cokertire.com/n50-15-pro-trac-racing-profile.html

295/50/15's look good, but too short for what I'd like to see on my car. 275/60/15's look good, but wouldn't mind a little wider and taller.

Going on 76 Elite. Current tire and rim setup will be replaced (15x10 in rear with 275/60/15's)... better than hubcaps but using adapters and offset is all wrong... I dig my Ansen's and deep dish look but need to keep the fun in function.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Anyone have experience with these tires on the street? The N50-15's look like the size I'm looking for. http://store.cokertire.com/n50-15-pro-trac-racing-profile.html

295/50/15's look good, but too short for what I'd like to see on my car. 275/60/15's look good, but wouldn't mind a little wider and taller.

Going on 76 Elite. Current tire and rim setup will be replaced (15x10 in rear with 275/60/15's)... better than hubcaps but using adapters and offset is all wrong... I dig my Ansen's and deep dish look but need to keep the fun in function.
One thing I can say about Cokers is that I have NEVER seen one that is actually round and they all have taken massive weight to balance. These were the tall skinny wide whitewall variety installed on older classic cars, though. Maybe the tires you are looking at will be a little better because they are lower profile, but I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I have a set of Pro Trac N50-15s that I have on some Cragar SS 15 X 10 wheels. I have had them on the car (1973 Mach 1 with a 1970 428CJ and Top Loader) for about 25 years. Obviously, this is not a vehicle that I have driven excessively over the years, mostly a 1/4 mile at a time.

During the time I was running the car on the track and street, the Pro Tracs worked well. Keep in mind that I was running a modified Nodular rear end (28 Spline) and heavy duty lug bolts.

Do you have any specific questions?

BT

·
Registered
724 Posts
N50-15's

I sold those at Super Shops for a decade, both the Pro Trac brand, and Posi Trac brand, we did not have balancing or out of round issues with either brand. I have a set from the 1980's on old slotted aluminium wheels that are still holding air & looking good. When companies discontinue a tire & Coker or another company buys up the rights & molds to that tire they are usually manufactured the same way as before. I still see sets on T-buckets from time to time, as well as the new style M/T's that are now popular.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I sold those at Super Shops for a decade, both the Pro Trac brand, and Posi Trac brand, we did not have balancing or out of round issues with either brand. I have a set from the 1980's on old slotted aluminium wheels that are still holding air & looking good. When companies discontinue a tire & Coker or another company buys up the rights & molds to that tire they are usually manufactured the same way as before. I still see sets on T-buckets from time to time, as well as the new style M/T's that are now popular.
The problem I was describing only involves Coker made tires, in my experience. I belive they are mostly handmade, still.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Would LOVE to see pics of your car!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I had some on here somewhere... I'll post some up in the next day or so.

so far as the Coker tires, the N50's looked like the "just right" fit. Tall enough and wide enough for 15 inch rims. I was pretty stoked about them until I realized that I better read the rule book for the local track. I think it said something about bias tires for the Domestic class I thought about trying. Never put anything on a track... so it'll be a new thing to do.

So no problems though so far as riding decently? I still might put a set on the back.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Various shots of my Pro-Tracs on custom made 15x12 Cragars.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know I do not have the right offset to make that work right now with the slots. Sure looks right on your car.

Maybe time to do some more proper measuring on my part.

Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts