460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
8,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MLS Series (Multi Layer Steel)
The Cometic MLS gasket is comprised of three layers of Stainless Steel. Cometic uses Stainless Steel for increased strength, it's abilty to rebound and corrosion resistance. The outer layers of the gasket are embossed and coated on both sides with a flouroelastomer rubber based material (Viton) designed to meet the demands of a variety of harsh sealing environments, load conditions and surface finishes. The Viton coating is heat resistant to 250C or 482F.
The center or shim layer of the gasket is comprised of an uncoated Stainless Steal layer, which can be varied to accomodate multiple thickness requirements. The MLS gasket is ideal for both aluminum heads to cast iron blocks and aluminum heads to aluminum blocks.
The composition of MLS will also withstand the shearing forces created by aluminum heads on cast iron blocks. No re-torque is necessary. By design the MLS gasket promotes an even torque load across the sealing surface allowing for measurable reduced bore distortion.

Available thickness: .027", .030", .036", .040", .045", .051",
.060", .065", .071", .074", .120"

Part numbers In Stock:

C5668-040 $86.95ea
-429-460 4.670 Gasket Bore .040" Compressed Thickness
C5668-045 $86.95ea
-429-460 4.670 Gasket Bore .045" Compressed Thickness
C5744-040 $111.95ea
-A460 Block 4.685" Gasket bore .040" Compressed Thickness
18 Bolt Cylinder Head
C5744-045 $111.95ea
-A460 Block 4.685" Gasket bore .045" Compressed Thickness
18 Bolt Cylinder Head

Additional $15.00 for .060" and .065"
Additional $25.00 for .071" and .074"

Others available on special order, please contact us for details.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Any experience with these gaskets in a pulling/racing application with methanol and mild blower. 8-71 or 10-71?

WHen I convert my engine from Aspirated to 8-71 blower, I may give these gaskets a shot.

Wondered if anyone had experience with them?

By the way, I'm looking for a blower intake, of course. Or even a shot that can modify a tunnel ram.

It seems Blue THunder intakes are severely back ordered.

·
Registered
253 Posts
gaskets

I think their the best head gasket on the market. I use them on my motor with nos and have not had any problems. My buddy use's them on a 360 sb Ford that see's 30 lbs of boost on a regular basis. He will get most of a season out of them. T say they can be reused I have not tried this.I know people who have. Lem has the best prices and they give great service at his dealer ship when you call. Ward.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Go to RBSsuperchargers.com. Do a search in the products area. There is a NOS blue thunder blower manifold listed there for $900.

Clay

·
Registered
258 Posts
When I was having bearing issues. I re-used these gaskets 3 or 4 times. I just clean them in the parts washer, dry, spray waterports with permatex copper head gasket in a can and that is it. At this rate I probably won't have to buy another set. Definately worth the money even if you only re-use one time.

Later :wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've ordered a blower intake from Supercharger USA (BDS). I plan to give these gaskets a try.

Dry block, alcohol, pulling application. 8-71 on a 567cid Ford. Looking forward to giving the cometic gaskets a try.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Lem Evans said:
MLS Series (Multi Layer Steel)
The Cometic MLS gasket is comprised of three layers of Stainless Steel. Cometic uses Stainless Steel for increased strength, it's abilty to rebound and corrosion resistance. The outer layers of the gasket are embossed and coated on both sides with a flouroelastomer rubber based material (Viton) designed to meet the demands of a variety of harsh sealing environments, load conditions and surface finishes. The Viton coating is heat resistant to 250C or 482F.
The center or shim layer of the gasket is comprised of an uncoated Stainless Steal layer, which can be varied to accomodate multiple thickness requirements. The MLS gasket is ideal for both aluminum heads to cast iron blocks and aluminum heads to aluminum blocks.
The composition of MLS will also withstand the shearing forces created by aluminum heads on cast iron blocks. No re-torque is necessary. By design the MLS gasket promotes an even torque load across the sealing surface allowing for measurable reduced bore distortion.

Available thickness: .027", .030", .036", .040", .045", .051",
.060", .065", .071", .074", .120"

Part numbers In Stock:

C5668-040 $86.95ea
-429-460 4.670 Gasket Bore .040" Compressed Thickness
C5668-045 $86.95ea
-429-460 4.670 Gasket Bore .045" Compressed Thickness
C5744-040 $111.95ea
-A460 Block 4.685" Gasket bore .040" Compressed Thickness
18 Bolt Cylinder Head
C5744-045 $111.95ea
-A460 Block 4.685" Gasket bore .045" Compressed Thickness
18 Bolt Cylinder Head

Additional $15.00 for .060" and .065"
Additional $25.00 for .071" and .074"

Others available on special order, please contact us for details.[/

DO THEY HAVE A SMALLER BORE SIZE

·
Registered
707 Posts
Lem Evans said:
Yes . What do you need ?
THE MOTOR I HAVE IS A .030 or .060 460 BORE
I AM NEW TO BID BLOCKS SO I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT BORE A 460 IS STOCK

BUT WHEN I PUT IT BACK TOGETHER I WILL NEED A SET OF GASKETS

WHAT BRAND OF CAM GO YOU LIKE

I HAVE BEEN HEREING A LOT ABOUT
I THINK IT IS CALLED LSM

AND THEY HAVE 3 DIFFERENTS ONES

STOCK FIREING ORDER

AND 1 THAT CHANGES 2 CYCLINDERS

AND 1 THAT CHANGES 4 CYCLINDERS

I HAVE BEEN TOLD YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO

AND THAT IS WHY I ASK YOU

I KNOW YOU HAVE WROTE A LOT ON THIS SITE

ON JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING TO DO WITH A 460 RACE MOTOR

HAVE YOU WROTE ANYTHING

ABOUT THE 3 DIFFERENT CAM FIRING ORDER

IF SO WOULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WERE TO LOOK

I AM TRYING TO LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN

WITH OUT TRUBLEING ANY ONE

I AM SORRY ABOUT MY SPEELING

I HAVE DISLEXIA

I TYPE IN LARGE TYPE SO I CAN SEE WHAT I AM TYPEING AND TRY AND CHANGE WHAT I CAN SEE IS WRONG

I AM ALSO TRYING TO TEACH MY SELF HOW TO TYPE

I AM NOT TRYING TO AFEND ANYONE

I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW

THANKS

GEORGE

[email protected]

·
8,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A gasket with a 4.500" bore would do you a good job . The LSM cams are pricey for most sportsman applications i.m.o. The standard firing order custom grind stuff from Comp and others seems to do a good job .

·
Registered
707 Posts
Lem Evans said:
A gasket with a 4.500" bore would do you a good job . The LSM cams are pricey for most sportsman applications i.m.o. The standard firing order custom grind stuff from Comp and others seems to do a good job .
THANK YOU

I HAD TALKED TO A FEW GUYS ON RACING JUNK AND THAT IS WERE I WAS TOLD ABOUT THE LSM

I HAVE A NEW CAM AND A THE CAM THAT WAS IN MY MOTOR
BUT I DO NOT KNOW IF EATHER 1 IS WHAT I NEED

WHEN I GET A LITTLE FARTHER DOWN THE LINE AND ORDER A SET OF GASKETS FROM YOU I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I HAVE

I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I HAVE

AND WHAT I WANT TO DO AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK

I HAVE A SET OF THE B460 MOTOR SPORT HEADS THAT HAS HAD A LITTLE PORTING

AND I WAS GOING TO HAVE THEM PORTED OUT TO A460 GASKETS
SO I COULD RUN A TRICK FLOW TUNNAL RAM AND 2 CARBS

THANKS GEORGE

·
8,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cometic is raising prices 6 % as of Dec 1 2008 . Beat the price incease and as a +.........FREE shipping [48 states] untill Nov. 21st , 2008 . :!:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts