460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Runs perfect and Will be removed from a 1989 f-700 .This is an air brake chassis with engine mounted air pump. It was an old Ferrelgas truck and the engine has been converted to run on propane. There is not a whisper in this engine and the oil is just as clean as the day it was poured in the engine. Most likely this is the steel crank. It even comes with the... If the engine is not what I say I'll buy it back gaurantee. $800.00

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Translation for the hotrodders: Forged steel 429 crank, D9TE-AB cylinder block, and an F600-up "full length" rear sump pan, all for just $800. Not a bad deal at all. ;)

Paul

p.s.: And hey, it comes in the form of a running big truck engine!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul Kane said:
Translation for the hotrodders: Forged steel 429 crank, D9TE-AB cylinder block, and an F600-up "full length" rear sump pan, all for just $800. Not a bad deal at all. ;)

Paul

p.s.: And hey, it comes in the form of a running big truck engine!
Now why didn't I say that? Thanks Paul :!:

·
Registered
242 Posts
can i ask what you engine in your bronco runs at. I am building an engine very similar to that right now and am curious ab out its perfomance. I am putting the engine in a 78bronco. it will have either dana 60s with 44in boggers or 2 ton military axles with 54in tractor tires.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bronco 460 said:
can i ask what you engine in your bronco runs at. I am building an engine very similar to that right now and am curious ab out its perfomance. I am putting the engine in a 78bronco. it will have either dana 60s with 44in boggers or 2 ton military axles with 54in tractor tires.
I don't really know yet but guess 425-430 HP. But has plenty of torque to 5500. I was happy with it until I stumbled across this site. Now it 's back at the machine shop for more work and the heads are going to another for a stage 4 port/polish @28" 340 intake and 220 exhaust. I don't know how they come up with the #'s but all advice says they do good work.I'll have it on the dyno after it's back together and let you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts