460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this helps

Step 1: go to www.photobucket.com and sign up. It is free. You CAN do this with a slower internet connection, but broadband (non-dialup) is best. It will just require a lot more patience with dialup.

click 'join now'

Give a user name and password

give more info and finalize

select the 'browse' button

use the drop down box to find where your pictures are on your computer and select them

after you select your pictures use the 'upload' button and upload them to your online photo album. (this takes your picture off your computer and stores it on the photobucket website. The 460ford.com website then references the photobucket website when displaying your pictures, that is called direct link or hotlinking)

Next you go to your picture that is in your album that you uploaded. Find the picture you want a click once (left click) on the 'direct link' area. you will notice that the word "copied" will briefly appear. this will automatically 'copy' the link for you.

Now you are set to post pics on this site. Type your message and when you want to insert your picture, just click the 'Img' button. This will insert a
to your message. If you notice, it now has a '/' in front of img.

Here is how it should look in your message.

*******************NOTE*******************

If you have a paid subscription to photobucket or a different type of pic posting site then you may have an option for an "IMG" field next to the "Direct LInk" field. If you do then you can just click that IMG field and directly paste it into your message. You don't need to even mess with the buttons here at this site.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
If you copied that last IMG tagged url in Photobucket (as you have shown) you can just paste it in your message without ever clicking the IMG button on the forum post.

Also if you don't wish to host a pic in Photobucket to save on your gallery space you can use www.imageshack.us for one time uploads (good for jokes, and reference pics you won't refer to again).

Photobucket is awesome. Just remember after a while you can exceed your bandwidth and they will tell you to lay off posting stuff for a month or upgrade to a paid subscription (cheap). I have about 3000 pics hosted on there.

GREAT tutorial, can I use it on the Torino site man? 8)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
of course you can use it. Let me know if I need to modify anything.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whoo-hoo I made the 1000 viewed list :D

·
Registered
29 Posts

These are some basic pictures of Bryan Kungle's Small Block Ford.

Bryan competes with the super stock 4wd circuit in the Western, Pa east Ohio and West Va, group. Roger Decker at Canton Automotive Machine Service in canton Ohio along with his son Keith do the assembly of the Components. This motor has been very reliable, with the exception of some valve spring issues2 years ago. This year the engine performed flawlessly. If not for a broken front axel at the last event , Bryan was likely to win the points championship even they missed the first two pulls waiting on connecting rods. The manifold is made from 2 pcs of 6061 billet. 72 lbs. raw 8.5lbs finished (ea. half)

Due to the type of competition, we run a fully counter-weighted crank and non-aluminum Rods. In other wirds not adrag race assembly. To date this motor has made 995 hp on c25 vp NA. We drive it in the pits and it has never overheated even after a full pull.

I am very grateful to Guys like Dave Sobczak, Bryan Kungle and Darrin Magadowski for letting me express myself on their dime.

·
Registered
198 Posts
the easiest way to poast pics on a website is go to TINYPIC.COM and then uploada your picture and they give you a code that you copy and paste onto your forum

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
on this new site there isnt any place on my post reply to post pic's like it was on the other one, and on my photobuckit there isnt a browse button anymore, what to do now??

Yes im that computor stupid

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Problem adding avatar?

I keep getting a message of "invalid file" or "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file" after pasting the code from photobucket trying to add an avatar. I have tried the direct link, img code and html codes, thinking I just tried the wrong version. What am I doing wrong?

Tom

·
Registered
445 Posts
Im wanting to post a few pics but there's something i'm not doing right. I'm not getting the to show up or something. Any help would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
Me too

I've tried posting pics this way too and all i can get is little squares with red crosses in them :confused:

I can get fotos on as attached thumbnails but how do we get the bigger pictures

What am i doing wrong. Anyone got any advice

Maybe we need to follow zl412hihi518 instructions in his thread a couple above this one ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts