460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed wireless router for my kids laptop, and now I get a popup on the taskbar that says "Local area connection - A network cable is unplugged". When it pops up, my internet quits working, and then starts up again in a few minutes. I don't know much about the system other than our local irrigation district put it up for us poor rural slobs that otherwise would be on dial-up for the rest of our lives. It's a series of towers relaying signals from Calgary - somehow. :?
When it was installed, I never took the dial-up program out, and don't know how. If I get a big e-mail, I can't download it - it'll quit part way through. Any ideas on what I could do?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gary. Sorry it took so long for me to get back here, I just did a 700 mile round trip today to pick up a camper. After I started reading your link, it took about 30 seconds to figure out the problem. Our ISP guys have been having lots of trouble with dropped signals from tower crosstalk, and that's what's causing the popup. It's been giving me trouble since I got the high speed, but the popup never showed up until I put the router on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts