460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good going guys between you and Bobby things are a little tuff for the chevy bunch.By the way did you have any problem going down the track?

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. Lonnie Rushing was there with us serving up some grilled pork chops. I think that is what brought us some luck.
Thanks,
MarkJ

·
Registered
60 Posts
The adjusted altitude was 3000ft. We had a best of 4.73 at 150. We were running on a 4.70 index. When the car was off I managed to pull .010 and .005 lights out of my hat. When I was off the car managed to get close to the index. Just one of those days when things went my way for a change. Will be doing a 4link change (might have helped us at Windy Hollow) so the car will go down the track more consistant. #1 and #5 are running 100 degrees hotter than the rest even on the small shot of NOS we use so I am also looking at fattening up those to cylinders. Scott is a stand-up guy and I am glad to have him as a friend.
MarkJ

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Man that's flying! :shock: ! You all have every reason to be very proud of yourselfs. :D

I've got some receipts & flowsheets to send down to Scott. I just hate doing paperwork! We picked up the flow numbers, especially in the mid-lift ranges. Those new valves have the stellite tips, so there no need to run lash caps, unless you need to for geometry reasons. Also, I think I've already mentioned, they have the radius groove and locks.

Keep up the good work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts