460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good job last nite on your runner up in TopEliminator at OBX dragway....Put several chebbies and track champs on the trailer last night.....came within
.002 of taking home first......... not too dang bad for the first bracket race this year with the Mustang:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Way to go Chris! Nice job my friend:cool::cool::cool:

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Great job chris !!!!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Does that mean the hemi is finished? If so, did I miss something...
I believe he's still running the 557" Cobra Jet head combo. He and Rick trade off, I believe.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe he's still running the 557" Cobra Jet head combo. He and Rick trade off, I believe.
you would be correct Steve...The little CJ headed motor rund like a champ. can't wait to see what it does in the dragster with a new converter and a little more gear

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Thanks guys !!! Last night definitely turned out better than I had hoped. I really went out to try my spragless converter with my 4.71 gear & see how it would respond. I ran a 4.29 gear at POA. The car at Pinks All out was off about .1 on all the numbers. The finish line rpm (1/4 mile) had dropped from 7200 to 6800. I was chalking most of that up due to the Hoosiers having a 104" rollout compared to my old Goodyears with 102" rollout. Plus I was having problems with the car moving while doing my burn out at MIR.
So last night definitely proved Mustang Sally likes the 4.71 gear. It also tightened the converter up on the gear change which was nice. I had a best of 1.16 60' last night the rest were 1.17 or 1.18 depending on lane.Car was running 5.37 to 5.39 depending on lane. So I was pleased with that considering the best it has been was 5.32 in real good November air. The car was also picking the front tires up about 6" last night which was something new. It usually is about 1"-2".
John, it was hell switching the 557 between the dragster & Mustang Sally each round... :eek::D:D

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
great job, those 60`s are sweeet:)
I was very pleased with them considering it is July in NC ..Also forgot in my first post to give a HUGE THANKS !!!! to Rick Kelso. I wouldn't be doing this w/o his help. He works his a$$ off at the track not to mention everything he does off track..Now we just got to get Rick's dragster on a stick going some rounds. :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts