460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are CAT H-beam connecting rods any good?

You have to be careful with CAT's parts. You have to check behind them as the parts are forged and machined in China. The machine work on stuff like rod bores and crank journals is very hit or miss. I don't think all the Chinese folks they have working in the factory know how to properly read a mic.

Will

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
id just spend the extra money on some nice scat hbeams... theyre at least machined here in the states :) and can be had for $389 for 6.7/6.8 stroker rods, or 475 for factory 460 dimensions from adperformance.com

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hey Digger.. Cat stuff is one letter short of Scat. and Scat is just three letters short of Scatter. I'd go with some better ones like Eagle or Oliver I beams. The h beams Rods tend to fail on my first few motors. if you rememeber back in the day. I've had better luck using the Oliver I beams.

Dan

ShaZam

·
Registered
851 Posts
id just spend the extra money on some nice scat hbeams... theyre at least machined here in the states :) and can be had for $389 for 6.7/6.8 stroker rods, or 475 for factory 460 dimensions from adperformance.com
Scats quality control is quite good, but they are not machined in the states. Nor are any other rods that can be had for $389....

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Scat stuff's fine regardless of what it does or does not spell. Cat stuff is crap. My boss has had some of their rods gall bolts when he tried to removed them after he took them out of the box. You might get a good nugget from them here and there but it's a gamble. Everything needs to be checked regardless, too many tolerances. The small ends are almost always small so you can size them to the wristpin properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts