460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I FOUND COOLANT IN THE OIL (VERY VERY LOW MILAGE)WENT TO DRAIN OIL CAR SIT OVER NIGHT PULLED DRAIN PLUG GOT 1/4 CUT NISE GREEN COOLANT AND THE OIL LOOKED LIKE BROWN MUD I WAS TOLD BY A LOCAL BOSS 429 MUSTANG EXPERT THAT IT IS NORMAL ON A BOSS 429 DO TO IT HAS ON HEAD GASKETS ONLY ORINGS I AM FINDING THAT HAD TO BELIEVE.WITH PROBLEY ONLY HAVE 4 HOURS ON THIS OIL AND IT LOOKS LIKE MUD HOW CAN THIS LUB THE ENGINE PART HAS ANYONE HAD THE PROBLEM ?

·
Registered
285 Posts
If this is a factory Boss 429 with the aluminum heads then they did use an O-ring combination rubber for the water and oil passages metal for the cylinder bores.If it were a gasket leak problem you would think you would see evidence of coolant seeping out between the head and the block also.If someone had the heads off and tried to reinstall them with normal 429-460 headgaskets they would leak like a sieve but I can't imagine that being the case unless you had someone that wasn't very familiar with Boss 429's working on it,it sounds more like you may have a crack somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts