460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 460 came with a set of finned alum. Holley (Ford) valve covers on it. Don't know what they came off of or if they are aftermarket. I like them, an want to pretty them up for my build. I know that prices will vary but can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay for a polishing or chroming? Condition is fair to decent. Ball park figure will do, just don't want to get ripped off.

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, will try to learn that picture down load thing so I can show yall. Not very good with computers. These covers came on my engine which were already in the galaxie when I bought it. The engine is a 72 Lincoln. These are finned aluminum and have the Holley name logo cast in the middle. Toward the back (firewall end), they have a circle with the word FORD cast in the middle. It is not the traditional blue oval with Ford script. I have never seen or heard of another set like it, and this is one of the reasons I want to run them. If anyone has any history on these please let me know. Once again, will work on those pictures.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Not sure when they first came out. They were popular in the late '70s- early '80s. Pretty much the only choice if ya didn't have the factory aluminum CJ covers. I bet they first came out before then though. First year for the 385 is '68. Our 460s just weren't as popular as they are now so ya didn't see many with a aftermarket cover.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fordman59, you never stop being right. I took the valve covers off and they were stamped "Holley-Mickey Thompson 429/460" on the underside. Still working on those pics fellas. Will also get ya'll a part number.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
My 460 came with a set of finned alum. Holley (Ford) valve covers on it. Don't know what they came off of or if they are aftermarket. I like them, an want to pretty them up for my build. I know that prices will vary but can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay for a polishing or chroming? Condition is fair to decent. Ball park figure will do, just don't want to get ripped off.
If they were mine I would have NitroPlate to put a Brilliant finish on them. Super brite and never have to touch /worry about them again.Go to nitroplate.com. and look up their pricing sheet.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts