460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Engine out today. What a mess. :? I had a plug for the tranny however, go figure. Just antifreeze was flowing..

Should I bother posting these here? :?

The view to comment ratio is always low here.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol:

Meh no not yet. Today is 'detail the firewall day'... Today is also "tropical storm is banging on my literal door' day.. Figures,I take today off from work... and it rains (To anyone questioning why I have the garage and the car is outside.... it's a lot 'neater' to do clean up, etc outside, I think).

Doh!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Looking Good! Keep posting your progress here for sure. 8) I can't wait to pull the 472 out of my Fairlane, and put in the 521 when it's done. I should be bolting in 150+ more HP......at least I hope so. haha :lol:

I love the nameplate on your garage. :lol: :D

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New pics. Today I managed to sand clean and paint the firewall (forgot a pic, oops). Also undercoated the frame/etc. I sealed up the a/c box panel, and put back the heater motor cover. Tomorrow, the 460 goes in.

My reducer cones (3" to 2.5") also fit into my mufflers.. how exciting. (for lack of other pics, I showed that). :lol:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well.. I got the firewall painted yesterday (friday).

What an ABORTION today.

I spent all day, physically pulling the 460/c6 from my Elite (it was all unbolted/unwired, etc, I just had to physically hoist it). What a mess! the transmission fluid bug struck bigtime.

Getting it IN the car was fun. I am white trash at it's best.. a combination of a 15# sledge and a craftsman tractor with a plow helped me shove it in.

Spent an hour fighting with the transmission xmember.

Spent 45 minutes with the passenger side header.

An HOUR AND A HALF on the drivers side. Whoever designed these Super Comps needs to be hit off the head with one.

So.. what were the casualties?

1 pre bent tranny line.. kinked near the starter.

My distributor cap. the clear one that made timing a breeze

a few scratches in my jet hotted headers.. I can deal.

tomorrow, I'm going to start putting everything back together... inner fenders/rad support/etc.. then deal with wiring.

The fun never stops.

Oh.. did I mention it rained off and on outside?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Good job! You did good for the past few days. 8) I love your carb cover in the last pic. :lol: I like seeing backyard mechanic pics.....keep them coming. :wink:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have a question..........though i see you are getting work done and doing pretty good.....I hated that white colored firewall cover....whats with the white painted firewall?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Good luck keeping that white firewall clean. :p

Seriously though, looks like things are coming along well. I hear ya about all the pains of getting it together. Headers can definitely be a bitch. Anyhow, it's lookin' good. Will be worth all the work without a doubt!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Busy day today.

I put back all the firewall components. POR15d bolts, wiper motor, brake booster, etc. The "new" rad support and inner fenders are on (These are from my Elite, which I had sandblasted, por15d and undercoated/etc). Started swapping components from the inner fenders over, ran the wiring harnesses, cleaned up the intake manifold, and put a fender in place, just so I can say it looks sort of like a car again.

I just hope the damn thing will run.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts