460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was searching thru my stack of car mags and found this Mustang that jack Roush built.

First Fox mustang with a cowl induction hood?

The wheels are my favorite part!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I remember that one!!

It was my VERY first car mag. I still have it around here somewhere.

There was a "How to build a cheap posi" artical in that one. No clutches, just some springs in the open nine, I tried it, didn't work for me.

Ahhh memories...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Gapp and Roush built him a Mustang 2 with an all aluminum Can-Am 429 way back in the late 70's or early 80's. It was possibly the first pro-street car built. I know I have the Popular Hotrodding issue in my collection.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That looks like the scoop from a 79-80 mustang cobra. I used to own one until some moron pulled in front of me back in 1987 and I T-boned him hard. Anyway the scoop bolted on the stock hood and was a factory glass piece. No cowl induction just looked cool. That's not to say you couldn't open it up though.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
dlmlynch said:
That looks like the scoop from a 79-80 mustang cobra. I used to own one until some moron pulled in front of me back in 1987 and I T-boned him hard. Anyway the scoop bolted on the stock hood and was a factory glass piece. No cowl induction just looked cool. That's not to say you couldn't open it up though.
here you go...stock Cobra hood.

S

·
0 Posts
While ya all was looking at the hood.. I was checking out the pic of the cage.... interesting single brace..

Laters!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts