460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While you boys were all out having a bash (literally) :lol: Some of us had to stay home and massage on our rides..... :roll:
In preperation for the new P-51 headed 545 I spent the weekend adding a few safety features to my F100.......Still needs finished but this is all we could get done in one weekend......

I started w. this .......

And then moved onto lots and lots of this.......

This is Rus....he and his dad own the suspension shop where we did the cage....how do ya guys like his Sunday cage building attire??

By Sunday evening we had this........

I'm very pleased w. how it fits and can't wait to see it all completed and painted......The engine is out of the machine shop and in the garage just waiting for me to degree the cam and check valve clearances.
I'm hoping to get the 4100# brick into the mid to high 10's.. :wink: :lol:

Id like to take a sec. to update and thank all who've helped and advised on this build and to all the others who've sold us great parts and givin excellent service.......Not to mention all the great guys that bought my leftover parts to whom unknowinly helped fund this addictive project. (I just started out buying Aluminum SCJ's to wake up the F100's current 429. :lol: :lol: Somehow i ended up w. a P-51ed 4 bolt DOVE block, forged crank and 545 inches......Can ya'll tell me if this condition will just go away on it's own?? 8)
Thanks again for everything guys,
mike

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea.....was waiting for someone to razz me about that. :lol: :shock: The bars that look like they're in the middle of the cab are both temporairly holding the rear/top hoops up and in the correct position, the magnets are holding the rest.......nothing is tacked in yet but the rear seat bar.

Mike

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Looks like there is going to be a nice ride when its done :D

·
Registered
548 Posts
very nice! With the new power you'll have I don't think you will have any problem beating my capri. :wink: you may have to spot me a few lengths just to make it interesting 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts