460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day while perusing at Sears I picked up a Craftsman bolt extractor set, in teh hopes it would easily remove a snapped king pin bolt on my Dana 60 knuckle. Bolt took a beating before napping, despite several heat and PB cycles.

So I heat the knuckl, grab the bolt extractor, tap it onto the broken bolt, and lean into the extra-long wrench... Broken bolt came right out. Best $30 I've spent in a while! I'm sure these things will be quite useful in the future. Beats the snot out of giant vice grips which usually lead to drilling and sometimes helicoils.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00952166000P

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've got a set of the Craftsman sockets for removing rounded off bolts. They're great for removing the drain plugs on the side of the block. Sure beats Vise Grips and busted knuckles !!! Money well spent !!! :D

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I've got the complete set. I love'em. Great :idea: Rick

·
Registered
456 Posts
darrin1999 said:
mine always seem to snap off... ive used generic ones, craftsman, snap-on, mac, and nothing seems to work for me.
X2- Oh yes the broken extracter. My local Sears store is a small satellite store. Has a tool on sale every week. I have got most all the different types of craftsman extrac tools for bolts, nuts, screws etc. They do work well. Tres....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts