460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ran across this today,

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2164122330.html

This is a well done thunderbird. It comes with a 460 ,428 cobra heads, low hours +miles on rebuild,victor 460,demon 850 carb, msds cd ignition box+distributor,crane cam, edelrock high flow water pump, 4 core aluminum radiator, march performance serpentine belt drive, c6 transmission 3000 stall, 6point roll bar, frame connectors, adjustable rear lower control arms, 8.8 pos rearend, 377 gears , bfgoodrich street drag radials might have 200 miles, and much more to offer. This car runs and drives as good as it looks. call 319 540 2848. Thanks for looking.
Looks pretty well done from the description. I'm tempted to ask him how he managed to bolt on some 428 FE heads on his 460. (I'm guessing maybe he accidentally typed an '8' instead of an '9'.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
we all know those D2VE 428CJ heads are what he's talking about. And yeah, they do have those double humps just above the block deck. More peaky than the chevy double humps, which means they're better humps (AKA, screamin' beast camel heads that we've all heard about being so fast at the strip). If I was closer to Cedar Rapids I'd check it out for y'all. The cam is probably a full 24/32 race deal with custom flat rollers and the motor is extra full roller cryo treated and double blueprinted. Does look like a clean car though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts