460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience good or bad with these?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Anyone have experience good or bad with these?

They used to be the best aluminium rocker out there geometry wise and quality,Jon Kaase even sells them, but i'm a steel rocker fan........for that price get a set of comp's xd ss or even better the crower ss, but there a little more $$ than comp's.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m with Bob, no way I’d pay $400 for a set of Crane aluminum rockers when I could get a set of XD’s for the same $$.

·
Premium Member
9,045 Posts
The Crane gold, Ford motorsports and Lunati black are all the same rocker. Great geometry.

That being said I don't like aluminum rockers due to bulk and noise.

Comp XD and Crower for higher end build.

PRW work well for more moderate budgets.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The Crane gold, Ford motorsports and Lunati black are all the same rocker. Great geometry.

SJ
used 2b RHP

MP my buddy has PRW on his 408 ci cleveland 4v iron head going on 30,000 miles 480hp using a mild hydraulic roller cam and lifters.

Do the clevelands have the same issue's as the BBF with the hydraulic roller?

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

SJ
used 2b RHP

I’ve ran the crane golds with good luck but I don’t know if their quality is still the same as they were. I bought a set a Harlan sharps but the geometry doesn’t seem to be right. What do you think about the TFS?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Harland sharp has 2 different rockers for the bbf i don't remember the part numbers, but the other one will fit better, but is more expensive. Randy Malik used to use half a set of each to make a complete set.

Cheers, Bob

·
Premium Member
9,045 Posts
I’ve ran the crane golds with good luck but I don’t know if their quality is still the same as they were. I bought a set a Harlan sharps but the geometry doesn’t seem to be right. What do you think about the TFS?

The TFS is a crane gold as well if memory serves.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have run a set of Harlan sharp and the geometry doesn’t seem to be right as they wore into the side of the tip body comp golds are much better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts