Sunday - warm and muggy, about 80+ deg
Monday - Highs in the mid 50's, drizzly
Tuesday- warm and muggy again, highs in the 70's
Wednesday (today) - rainy and highs in the low 50's again

This is crazy.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I ran in o one of those bad ice storms in OK, and KN a few years back pretty scary ****. Up here we get'm but the sanders are out right a way. Not much fun. Good luck to any of ya that's in that mess.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here in southern Wisconsin, weve had snow every other day since Dec 1st. The last snow was Tuesday, all day. A fresh 6 inches fell. Bringing the overall total close to a foot. How come snow always seems to bring out stupid drivers? The first snow, 2 people died, one of them was because a guy didnt slow down for a wreck that already happened. He slid under a semi trailer. Heavy snow means SLOW DOWN!

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
didnt get pics, but the place is a war zone with all the trees down etc. I have maybe and hours worth to clean up, neighbors to my west will be cleaning up for months. About 1/3 of the people in this state do not have power, may take a week to get it all back up and going. We lost ours for about an hour Sat night and for 2 yesterday morning. So far so good. Got a genny out in the trailer i figure worse comes to worst I'll unblot the sucker and plug er up. Glad I put a 12 gal tank on it lol.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Skosler... Where are you located in central TX... Lots of area there. :lol:

Yea... same here... long-johns and coveralls one day... tee-shirt the next. Froze my azzz off today (wed) . The temp isn't too bad, but with the rain and wind, it was plain misserable... Luckily I was able to get my work moved inside today. Hard to mig-weld in blowing rain .

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live out in the boonies. Address town is Flatonia (on I-10 between gonzales and Schulenburg), but I live North about 10 miles. A little community called Cistern is the nearest area. No convienence store, no grocery store, no post office, but we do have a sausage plant and 2 BARS!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I live in Central Missouri and we got hit pretty hard last Saturday and Sunday and were without power from Sunday at 4pm till Tuesday night. I had to unload the generator out of the enclosed which meant hooking up the truck and moving it so that I could drop the rear door. Not much fun in 25 degrees and a 1/2 of ice but at least I had the option. I only ended up having a few limbs down but it is hard to sleep at night with the constant crackling of ice and hearing limbs falling. Didnt take any pics but they were all over the news here. We didnt have it as bad as some of you in OK and Kansas. Now they are predicting 3-6 inches of snow for Friday night into Saturday, but at least you can get around in that.

·
Registered
479 Posts
And today here in Texas (Fri), the famed iced bridges, eveything else was thawed. Lots of wrecks. By noon, was nice, in the 50's all moisture and wind gone. Supposed to be back tomorrow and windy/cold/winter mix?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bob,
Wow small world. I know a couple guys with mustangs up in Eolia (late models) as well as in Troy. When did you move away from the area?

77 Ford
I actually live closer to Wright City now and the kids to to school in Wright City, but we are in Warrenton more often. We are on a dead end road and there were only four houses there so they are trying to get the bigger problems fixed first I guess. What can you do???

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
pkzponyz said:
Bob,
Wow small world. I know a couple guys with mustangs up in Eolia (late models) as well as in Troy. When did you move away from the area?
Moved to Texas in 1980 . You know Randy Johnson in Eolia by chance? He's got a very nice R-Code 69 Mach1

We used to drive to Wentzville and race at MAR a few times a year . Heard they closed it. Too bad... Lots of memories. We'd always go to the nostalgia drags there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
BBBob_M said:
pkzponyz said:
Bob,
Moved to Texas in 1980 . You know Randy Johnson in Eolia by chance? He's got a very nice R-Code 69 Mach1

We used to drive to Wentzville and race at MAR a few times a year . Heard they closed it. Too bad... Lots of memories. We'd always go to the nostalgia drags there.
No, I dont know Randy. I went to MAR a bunch. I ran at all the Nostalgia drags for years. My best friend has the old tower at his house now that they closed the track. They even did an article on it in the Febuary 5.0 Mustang magazine. You can also see the website at www.marmemories.com

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
No, I dont know Randy. I went to MAR a bunch. I ran at all the Nostalgia drags for years. My best friend has the old tower at his house now that they closed the track. They even did an article on it in the Febuary 5.0 Mustang magazine. You can also see the website at www.marmemories.com
Thanks for the link. I sent you a PM the other day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts