460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys have trouble getting things from Crites? I ordered a 69 Mustang 460 kit with motor mounts and headers and they told me 30 days after they receive payment. I paid in full, called to make sure they got paid and started counting down the 30 days. At about 35 days I called them and they said they have not started. They were out of header tube. They told me 30 more working days. I called at 30 days and they told me they did not have the material for the motor mounts it would be 30 more working days. I waited 30 days and called they told me my headers were going to be welded next and it would be 10 more working days. I called today and they told be that it will be 10 more days. I was pissed and the lady had the BALLS to tell me my options were to wait or cancel my order... Next time I will order from some China owned company. I cant tell you how arrogant these people are.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes I got the same attitude 3 or 4 years ago. I elected not to buy from them.

Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I wanted to buy 460 swap headers for my 57 Ford but I see that their website
is closed down. All I can say is I hope you paid buy credit card.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Getting the same treatment as we speak. Ordered a boss 429 style fiberglass hood scoop on the 15th of july... told 7-10 days, called two weeks later, told 7-10 days again and that they have to make the scoops still... wtf?

Shane

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have bought stuff from them

but always at the swap meet at EXPO in columbus Ohio during labor day weekend. They make real nice fiberglass parts for making a replica T-bolt or a lightweight Galaxy. I have heard that they are rather indifferent but some people say to talk to Charles Crites in person rather than his wife. I don't know about their website though. I have their hood and front bumper on my car but like I said bought it at Expo a few years ago. I was going to order a set of their headers for my FE powered 57 tudor maybe I should start calling them now. :(

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Very slow to get my leaf spring relocation kit for my 64 Comet. Took 2+ months...however they did warn me ahead of time that it was going to be awhile.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They told me 30 days, not awhile.They answered the phone yesterday now their web page was working. I will call them in today and see if I have to take a ride to Ohio.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yes , i gave up in the end . All i wanted was a set of 460 mounts .
Originally they (Jessica) quoted me $346 US freight to Australia.. I asked about USPS has a $55 flat rate international for 20lbs 12x12x5" why the huge difference ??? Never heard back :(

Glad now i didn't bother they probably would never have turned up

·
Registered
83 Posts
If anyone is interested, I can get you the Ford part numbers off the motor mounts I used when I put the 429 in my 69 mustang. I don't remember what they were off of, but it bolted in. The engine is out right now, so I can easily get the part numbers.
Tim

·
Registered
526 Posts
I received my headers quite soon after ordering BUT, one tube was unusable. A buddy who ordered a set received much better quality. After 6 months, a dozen phone calls, and 30 e-mails I received my replacement header tube. I even told them I would pay for it and shipping as it was holding up my project. I ended up modifing two of the other tubes for a good fit. If I had it to do over again I would have gone with custom made headers, but that's a hastle to take your car to a shop and leave it there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sounds to me like it would be really smart of you to cancel your order and go some place else. I'm surpised this thread hasn't included recommendations to other shops, personally.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fiberglass Bumpers

Sounds to me like it would be really smart of you to cancel your order and go some place else. I'm surpised this thread hasn't included recommendations to other shops, personally.
Building a 1963 fairlane and would like to put glass bumpers on it, any body recommend a supplier.
Thanks,Terry

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ordering from Crites

I need Bumpers and Mounts, Hood, and Trunk Lid all in fiberglass and was going to order from them in a week or so.. now I'm scared.. Who else sells this stuff? anyone on here? Thanks

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The body parts are made by a company that the name of escapes me right now. Anyone else know who Crites has make the body parts for them?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That is too bad to hear. I have always heard there quality is top notch when it comes to fiberglass but no one has ever mentioned how long it took.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I just ordered swap headers (460 into a 57 Tudor) and they told me about 6-weeks. I just hope there here before Xmas.:eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guess i was luckey i built a 63 tbolt clone got all the parts from crites and had no problem getting headers fiberglass hood or anything. They where even nice when i called even gave me charlies cell number he was big help. Jim

1 - 20 of 56 Posts