460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these new from Summit, have about 1-4 hours on them...I still have the receipt. I believe they cost approx $600 new. I would sell them for $250. These are the best, not the Comp cheaper stuff...Steve Vardion

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I bought these new from Summit, have about 1-4 hours on them...I still have the receipt. I believe they cost approx $600 new. I would sell them for $250. These are the best, not the Comp cheaper stuff...Steve Vardion
This looks like a really great deal. But I have to ask... Why do they only have minumal run time and why are you selling them?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello

I haven't been on this forum since I posyed these; I will answer in order of responses. I built a new motor with an A-block and didnt want to run a solid roller on the street, so I went with a nasty solid flat tappet. I gave up a few HP but this is an F4 Crane, so its close. Anyways the lifters are very good cond with low miles; buy can inspect and return if not satisfied. I'll reply tonight. Thanks Steve (PS I never got any messages on my email...) Regarding the minimal run time, I drag raced it once about 8 passes, maybe 10, and drove it to about two car shows and drove it to work about two or three times (15 minutes). You dont tend to put alot of miles on a drag/street car with the discomfort, noise, police and gas prices...etc. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts