460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a slightly used set of Crower solid roller lifters with the oiling hole (I believe that people refer to them as Hippo). We ran a Crane solid roller in my brother's 1969 Cougar for a few years, with only about 100-200 street miles. Everbody seems to claim this when selling used items; this car was driven to work & a few shows with literally 100-200. He never drag raced the car, but it ran really strong with this cam. Anyways, we used these because they are supposed to be the best solid rollers. I had another set (same exact lifters) on my own 466, and they held up perfectly for a few seasons. He changed to a big solid flat tappet due to durability on the street. Solid rollers are just too risky on the street for our taste. I had a valve let go and it was costly (new block & head) so no more solild rollers. I paid just about $600 I believe for these; I can find the receipt from Summit I am sure. We only use top of the line parts, especially on valvetrain. I'd like to get $300 for them. I can take pictures if interested. Please let me know if anybody wants pics and is interested. if not, make an offer. Thanks. Steve Vardion.
PS Although it's a 1969 Corgar, we installed a 429 CJ (don't think it's an FE).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts