Enter the Number of cylinders= but how do u get to that number

·
Registered
103 Posts
Divide the bore in half
Square it (multiply it by itself)
Multiply that number by pi (3.14159)
Multiply that by the stroke length
Multiply that by the number of cylinders.

So, for a 460
Bore = 4.36"/2 = 2.18"
2.18" X 2.18" = 4.7524"
4.7524" X 3.14159 = 14.930 sq. in.
14.930 sq. in. X 3.85" = 57.481 cu. in.
57.481 cu. in. X 8cyl's. = 459.847 cu. in. displacement.

Does that help?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
what is it
Enter the Bore Diameter (inch)x
Enter the Stroke Length (inch)x
Enter the Number of cylinders= but how do u get to that number
HOW to get the number of Cylinders ? you count them .. a V8 has - 8 so just count the holes the pistons go in . need to know what the pistons are ?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
to slow

(2slow)
i had a bike wreck about 4 years ago with a bad head inj so if i asked something. this 460FORD.com has been a good place to ask and get a good answer. i wish i could tell U what i thing about people like u but i cant so **** ***.

·
Registered
103 Posts
HOW to get the number of Cylinders ? you count them .. a V8 has - 8 so just count the holes the pistons go in . need to know what the pistons are ?
THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR :mad:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
(2slow)
i had a bike wreck about 4 years ago with a bad head inj so if i asked something. this 460FORD.com has been a good place to ask and get a good answer. i wish i could tell U what i thing about people like u but i cant so **** ***.
tell you what i think about you -the wreak made you smarter , must have been a real piece of work before that . you ask thje question , I gave a correct answer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
At least he spelled WRECK correctly.

·
Registered
957 Posts
look up what wreak -- now that was not nice of me
You did give a correct answer, you just didnt have to be an a$$hole about it. As far spelling and word usage, before you tell someone to look it up maybe you should do the same. I can cut and paste if need be.:p:D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bye bye

i want to thank every one that helped. i blocked him from all my post my life has been **** up since and i dont need some one like that learning to spell from what i type. my speeling is bad but i took another bike to the head so i have a reason.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.