460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
if you mean A460 block im guessing you have a 4.44x4.3 bore and stroke.
they are rated at 4.6 bore but most will go 4.625, and some have been known to go to 4.7, but thats pushing it. as for stroke 4.5 is the norm but i think you can go 4.6 or 4.75 with a well built aftermarket crank. anything over 4.5 is a big arm to be swinging around.
personally id start with a 4.5x4.5 bore and stroke for 572 cubes, it leaves you three .030 over bore options.
4.6x4.5=598, if that cant move ya i dont know what will:).

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
personally id start with a 4.5x4.5 bore and stroke for 572 cubes, it leaves you three .030 over bore options.4.6x4.5=598, if that cant move ya i dont know what will:).
You really don't need to worry about .030 over-bores. You can damn near get a piston and a ring set at nearly any size these days.

I understand if you have some type of major failure you could hurt a clyn wall and need to clean it up. I kind of like the 4.60 bore great for big valves and breathing.

G-

·
Registered
63 Posts
You really don't need to worry about .030 over-bores. You can damn near get a piston and a ring set at nearly any size these days.

I understand if you have some type of major failure you could hurt a clyn wall and need to clean it up. I kind of like the 4.60 bore great for big valves and breathing.

G-
just giving the man a few options on what he could do with a 2000$ block.
and in this day and age, (when the price of everything keeps going up) why go to the max when you can always have room for growth. and dont get me wrong a 4.6 bore is great for breathing. witch reminds me of the .100 difference between the 406 to 427 bore. not much, but it makes a big difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts