460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I am a mud bogger running a street class must pull 10lbs of vaccum. I have a 77 f-150 4x4 long bed, 38s, 5.13 front and rear. I have msd ignition. I am building a 466 with Kb flattop single valve relief, H-beam rods, scat crank. On the cam I have narrowed it down to the biggest 4x4 cam that comp makes. I haven't bought the cam yet. I am having problems decideding which cylinderheads. I have kind of weighed my options. I have narrowed it down to the TFS streets, edel. Rpm CJ, or the p-51. I was looking for something that was good for this class, but also something that I can grow with. I going to be running this motor for a while. When I am done with it, I will go bigger. I want some cylinderheads that will be durable and something that I can reuse down the road. Thank you, Any input would be helpful.

·
Registered
928 Posts
make sure you can run alum heads in your class and if you can then I would suggest that the TFS streets are going to be your best bet.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Most places bump you up a class or two because of aluminum heads. If they dont let me know where you are so I can come play.

I like my trick flows. Ive run them on a 466 and now a 521 in mud drags/bogs.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
TFS Streets would be killer in a vacuum rule class................

Also a custom ground cam is in order with this deal. It's all about cylinder pressure. Making all you can with the biggest cam you can and still pull the vacuum.

·
Registered
112 Posts
About how much vacuum would be lost using P-51s? Just asking because he mentioned future growth. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you can run aluminim heads in this street class. I run in cardington, Oh. at crums mud run. They have a website crumsmudrun.com. I trying to build for class B for starters, but i might jump up to class C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts