·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Who did the port work?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 different people actually did the head work but, unless you're a local here in the Topeka area ,you probably wouldn't have any idea who the people I'm talking about are since they are not known throughout the BBF community, or this site. Some of the work was done by Dean Stewert (valve work, flow bench), some by Absolute Automotive Machine (seats, final assembly and fitment), port work by "Mike" (can't give his name because he works for someone he has a contract with and can't let anyone know he does sidework for people in his spare time because it might cost him his job)... But even if I named him you wouldn't have any idea who he is.

I guess what you're asking is if someone with a "BIG" name in the head work industry did the work and the answer is no. It was all done by locals.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Some real good work comes from small local shops too.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Very nice, I am going to see how close my heads are to these. I actually gained 168 SHP over a pair of unported D3 with cj valves. As I was taking them apart I found quite a few places I could improve on. I have no idea what they flow but I will when I am done this time. Chriss Strabb will be doing the camshaft. I am having a local guy do the plenum work, he competes with John Kaase quite often at engine masters. I am hoping to get 700+SHP out of this 429 @ around 5600 - 5800rpms. We shall see !
Very nice job !

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Paul Kane said:
man, TC, wish these heads came up for discussion during our recent transaction...I might have considered a partial trade. :)

They look quite nice indeed.

Paul
Hey Paul, I think you got the wrong ThndrChkn :D :D :D :wink:

However, I DO have 2 sets of these & 3 sets of D20E-AB's 8) LMK

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]

Hey Paul, I think you got the wrong ThndrChkn :D :D :D :wink:

However, I DO have 2 sets of these & 3 sets of D20E-AB's 8) LMK

Doug... 8)[/quote]

When I initially signed up I didn't know there was another Thunderchicken other wise I would have become Thunderbuzzard. haha

Anyhow, I was reading your list of cars and noticed that we have something in common... I have an 87 F250, a 68 Galaxie fastback (original 390), and instead of a 73 Mach... I have a 93 Convertible... Are you trying to copy my list of cars? :D

If you have an 87 Thunderbird TC and a 54 F100 pick up then we're in trouble.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only 1 day left!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
You should've asked for more. LOL Glad to see your auction went well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was weird... someone actually hit the "buy it now" button a few days ago but it only removed the "buy it now" option from the page! The person had even already sent me the $ and Ebay showed it as 'paid' but still didn't know why the page was still up. Finally, they just said to remove everyone's bid (which I did) and then the guy who won the auction... his buy it now confirmation came through the second I hit the cancel all bids button. When I talked to Ebay about what had happen the girl from the "Quickie Mart" didn't know why the page only removed the "buy it now" option and not the whole page.

Sorry for anyone who was watching and planning on bidding. They were and are a great set of heads. I hope the guy who bought them enjoys them. I MIGHT have another set hiding somewhere if anyone is interested....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts