460 Ford Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinning out some of my personal items. As this is a private party sale there will be no sales tax for California residents on these items. All prices are "plus shipping" and I may be able to deliver inside of California.

ALL PARTS ARE SOLD

STANDARD BORE D0VE-A 2-BOLT BLOCK WITH BOSS 429 BULKHEADS.

Standard bore, sonic check sheet indicates an easily capable 0.060" overbore (that's three overbores), and with a mere 0.020" offset bore will go an easy 0.080" overbore (that's four overbores).
  • 2-bolt D0VE-A block, fresh teardown ($300)
  • standard bore (+$50)
  • Boss 429 bulkheads (+$50)
  • thermo-cleaned and mag checked (+$125)
  • sonic check sheet ($75)
  • Total Value: $650
  • Sell: $525
    (SOLD)

0.060" BORE D0VE-A 2-BOLT BLOCK WITH BOSS 429 BULKHEADS.

Block hot tanked, then bored and honed to 0.060", not yet assembled.
  • 2-bolt D0VE-A block, used 0.030" bore ($250)
  • Boss 429 bulkheads (+$50)
  • Bore and hone to 0.060": (+$275)
  • Total Value: $575
  • Sell: $450
    (SOLD)

FORD 429 COMMERCIAL TRUCK STEEL CRANKSHAFT

American forging made of american steel. In offset stroked form, these crankshafts have been known to support in excess of 2500 hp (not a garantee). This example is currently .010"-.020" and in its current undersize can be offset stroked to a Ford 460's 3.85" stroke and still have a standard-sized 2.200" rod journal dimension (ie, at 3.85" stroke the mains-rods would be 0.010"-std or 0.020"-std, depending on your needs).
  • 3.59" stroke
  • 0.010" main journals
  • 0.020" rod journals
  • unmodified 1.75" diameter snout and flange
  • Sell: $425
    (SOLD)
(Note: more steel truck crankshafts are available.)

FORD MOTORSPORT RAW CRANKSHAFT FORGING

This is one of the original raw forgings as sold by Ford Motorsport and of which the majorty are currently in the possesison of Bryant Motorsports (the same raw forging from which Bryant makes their ultra-strong forged 385 Series crankshafts).
  • M-6303-B460 raw forging, never cut
  • AMS-6415 Aviation Spec 4340 chromoly
  • has centers for crankshaft machine
  • Sell: $725
    (SOLD)
Sorry, no pics but you shouldn't need them as all items are exactly as described (please note this is a sales thread, not a commentary thread). Serious inquries only, please. Better to call than to PM but I'll eventually answer PMs as well.

ALL PARTS ARE SOLD

Thanks,

Paul
310-435-1900

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The standard bore D0VE-A block (first item listed above) has been sold.

The D0VE-A block with new 0.060" bore and hone, the steel truck crankshaft, and the raw Motorsport forging are still available. (update: alkl parts are sold)

Paul

ALL PARTS ARE SOLD

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
FORD MOTORSPORT RAW CRANKSHAFT FORGING

This is one of the original raw forgings as sold by Ford Motorsport and of which the majorty are currently in the possesison of Bryant Motorsports (the same raw forging from which Bryant makes their ultra-strong forged 385 Series crankshafts).
  • M-6303-B460 raw forging, never cut
  • AMS-6415 Aviation Spec 4340 chromoly
  • has centers for crankshaft machine
  • Sell: $725
Sorry, no pics but you shouldn't need them as all items are exactly as described (please note this is a sales thread, not a commentary thread). Serious inquries only, please. Better to call than to PM but I'll eventually answer PMs as well.

Thanks,

Paul
310-435-1900

I'll take the crank..............see you Saturday.

I was going to ask you what else you had to sell.

Damn glad I saw this............................

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll take the crank..............see you Saturday.

I was going to ask you what else you had to sell.

Damn glad I saw this............................

Jon
Jon,

Indeed, I don't consider an item sold until the payment has been made. Having said that, I did negotiate a deal on the crankshaft earlier today and gave the buyer 7 days to get payment to HFD via snail mail. I'll put you at #1 on the waiting list if the deal falls through (if payment is not received in 7 days). Hope you understand. :)

Paul

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Rats.............that just sucks....I almost called you back yesterday and asked if you were unloading anything else. I am not happy................................... crap.

My office computer was acting up this morning and I didn't get a chance to look here. this just bites..........

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

The commerical 429 steel truck crank (third item listed above) has been sold (might have another available, please inquire via PM or telephone). (UPDATE: All parts are sold)
Paul

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

The commerical 429 steel truck crank (third item listed above) has been sold (might have another available, please inquire via PM or telephone).

The Ford Motorsport raw forging (fourth item listed above) has been sold.

The D0VE-A block with Boss 429 bulk heads and a new unused 0.060" bore is sold.

Paul

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Hey, is that steel truck crank still available? It was kind of unclear in the add.

:D

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, is that steel truck crank still available? It was kind of unclear in the add.

:D
Pardon the abiguity; yes, plenty more steel truck cranks over here, Carl, feel free to call. I may start a new thread offering up a steel truck crankshaft or two.

Paul

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad you got everything sold Paul! Sorry again we couldn't work out a deal and I wen't off the deep end on parts haha. Your knowledge has been extremely helpful in even getting the project off the ground! Hope to do business with you in the future....

Jason

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
As Paul said" There's a crank in that 120lbs blob somewhere"

my other SVO forging at 4.25" ( in the 565) is 75 lbs. we talked about knife edging and such but the small counterweights will make balancing an issue.

G

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As Paul said" There's a crank in that 120 lb blob somewhere"

G
Everyone take note of the elongated, egg-shapped rod journals on these SVO raw forgings. They can be stroked almost as big or as small as the end user might desire.

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
G-Code, one more thing about the 3.875" stroked steel truck crank (that is laying on its side, above) that I forgot to mention when you picked it up: Notice that the snout is not shiny-machined but is the same discoloration as the rest of the crankshaft (even though all the journals look polished). Be sure to ask Danny to take a closer look at it and determine whether he thinks the crankshaft was simply bead-blasted or if he believes it has been case hardened/heat treated. That is a very well prepared forging and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the workmanship included a heat treat as one of the final steps.

Paul

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Everyone take note of the elongated, egg-shapped rod journals on these SVO raw forgings. They can be stroked almost as big or as small as the end user might desire.

Paul
you mean to tell me I could have had a 4.75" stroker built?

I did think about asking ....but passed

G

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.