460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a rebuilt D0VE-A (2 bolt mains) with D0VE-C heads he's willing to sell to me, but we can't agree on what it's worth. Engine was rebuilt several years ago, blew a head gasket and has sat ever since. It's stock on bore and crank journals, with a Crane hydraulic cam (don't remember the spec's but it was supposedly equivilant to factory CJ grind). Heads didn't need rebuild at the time, mild port job / gasket match, 7/16 studs, factory adjustable rockers, and guide plates. The intake is an Edelbrock Performer, with a 600 Holley. So, can anybody tell me what a realistic price would be? Naturally he want's too much, and he say's I want to steal it (LOL).

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just bought one (no intake or carb.) non-running/sat for 15 yrs.for $350.
There's another one in my area with unknown alum. intake and 700 holley that ran when pulled for $800.Hope this helps give a range.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, when we took it apart - I noticed the head bolts weren't very tight (he never torqued them down). Engine was reassembled, run long enough to know it was fixed, then it sat for a number of years because he lost interest in the project. He eventually pulled the engine out, and sold the car (54 Stdebaker Coupe).

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts