460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of D3 heads, complete and unchecked. $75 OBO. (SOLD)

Also have a D1VE block already at .040" over. $75 OBO.

Next up, new set of Keith Black 138 pistons press fit on passenger car rods, .060" over. $200 OBO.

Trades entertained. Located in Bryan TX. 512-297-6495.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a set of D3 heads, complete and unchecked. $75 OBO.

Also have a D1VE block already at .040" over. $75 OBO.

Next up, new set of Keith Black 138 pistons press fit on passenger car rods, .060" over. $200 OBO.

Trades entertained. Located in Bryan TX. 512-297-6495.
Good evening......still have the block? And would shipping be an issue? I am in Phoenix, AZ and would be happy to take that block off your hands. I am assuming all is good with block, ready for machine shop? Thanx, Donnie

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly man, these things aren't light and it's going to cost more than it's worth to ship. I can still entertain it but I've never shipped an engine block before. If you have a shipping account I can get it on a pallet no problem, but I don't want to go through the hassle of getting quotes etc. for something that just isn't worth that much.

As far as I know the block should be fine but it has not been checked by a shop, only torn down from a complete engine by myself. I was going to use this and the pistons and rods above for a mild build but changed scope and now this one is in the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
value

Well, from my perspective a .040 over D1 block is worth the shipping cost, which I would certainly pay for. I've seen a range of shipping costs and for me this block would be worth the effort. if you still have it, of course.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, from my perspective a .040 over D1 block is worth the shipping cost, which I would certainly pay for. I've seen a range of shipping costs and for me this block would be worth the effort. if you still have it, of course.
Alright. Do you have a shipping account or would you like to check in with Fastenal? I can probably find a bunch of cardboard at work to wrap the block in to keep cost down. Or I can strap it to a pallet. Your call since you'll be paying for it.

My wife just had surgery and I'm playing nurse, so the soonest I can get on this will probably be late next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts