460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some porting on a D3VE cylinder head that I had laying around, Just to get the feel of it before I started on my C9VE heads.
So I took the head to an engine builder and he did a valve job on one cylinder and flowed them for me they were tested on a SuperFlow 110 at 5" depression and then converted to 28" depression.
The valves were ferrea 6000 series 2.250 INT. and 1.760 EX. He put a 32 degree backcut on both Intake and Exhaut valves.

.100=72.5/51.7
.200=152.1/101.1
.300=220.8/131
.400=277.5/142
.500=307.9/148
.600=331/150.1

The intake ports had no work done in the port itself other than cleaning out rust, I just did the bowl blend for the bigger valve, I worked around the guide boss a bit and then a little on the sort turn.
On the exhaust I had done more work, I tries to follow Scotty's intructions. So far I'm not too impressed withe exhaust flow numbers, I'm going try a few mor things to see if I can't get the to pick up a few CFM's.

From reading on here I have heard that some of you guy's don't backcut the exhaust valve, could that have hurt the flow?

Thanks every body for sharing on this Site, and Thanks Scott for putting up your site.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Intakes look pretty good, Tomas. Just need to get a few more on the exhaust and you should be good to go. Might give Thunderchicken a shout, he's done some porting on the iron stuff.:cool:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I can open up the exhaust bowls a bit more before hitting water, and the C9VE's are supposed to have a bit better of an exhaust port so I might try porting on them soon to see how much I can get them to flow.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I understand, shape is everything, they are already big enough volume wise. Keep me posted, I'm still interested in the iron heads, that's what I started out with, way back when!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts