460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a D9TE block for sale. Hot tanked, new cam bearings and freeze plugs. Has been bored out.
Also includes crank.

Im asking $400. Had intended to use this engine but things changed.

More details available when I go pick it up from the machine shop.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had been given the engine. Had intended to use in my F100. Started to tear it down and discovered 1 rusty cylinder. Took it to a machine shop. Past month they have been giving me the runaround on getting it done. Every time I calld the shop I got a different excuse. :roll:

So I found a 2nd 460/C6 combo that had been running when pulled and hadn't sat for a while not running, and decided to use this engine instead. Seeing I didnt have to have this one bored out and everything, this route was cheaper, and I knew the C6 was in better shape.

I had thought about holding on to the first block when it was done, but now not having a job I need the few extra bucks I think I can get from selling it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What is the block bored out too? Is the cam bearings for a flat tappet cam or roller? Are you selling just the block or are you including anything else?
Very interested.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright. I need to move this. I have $270 in machine work. I want to atleast make what I got in it. And you get a freshened up block :!: Win, Win situation :D

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
InfoFord said:
OldRedFord said:
Alright. I need to move this. I have $270 in machine work. I want to atleast make what I got in it. And you get a freshened up block :!: Win, Win situation :D

OldRedFord said:
Pictures

Does come with oil filter adapter, and front cover.

Asking $300 now

you went up 30 bucks?
Haggling room. But if somebody showd up with $270, they could still get it. $270 being the least Ill take. :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would be interested in it if I can get it cheaper to my door then taking one of mine to the local machine shop
as with prolly anybody else on here shipping plus covering your cost in machine work makes for a pretty spendy block it would be just cheaper to lug one of the old nastys down to the machine shop and have it come back purty like yours

1 - 15 of 15 Posts