460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, three weeks ago I branched out and bought a '69 Judge, and didn't get flamed, but methinks I might have committed a mortal sin this time :cry:

Yeah, I bought a chebby... However, in my defense, I'll say that I really wasn't looking for one; I was talking to a fella' about Judges and his buddy chimed in and asked me if I wanted to buy a Chevelle. When I found out that it was a numbers matching '72 with a 454 and a 4 sp, I'll admit that I was a bit interested.

Went and looked at it the next day and it's straight and solid, and the numbers check out. Price was right, too, so I pulled the trigger.

Now, maybe if I put a bored and stroked 460 in it, y'all would forgive me... Actually, I'll probably clean it up and flip it on evil-bay, and use the $$$ on the Fairlanes...

Now that I've got GM and Ford covered, I guess I need to find me a Mopar now :wink:

Scott

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's kinda hard to flame a guy for scoring an all-original Chevelle SS 454. Now, had you just bought some heap with a small block, you might get some more smack.

Putting it on eBay to make some cash isn't a bad idea. If you got it for a good price you won't have a had time selling it for more on there. Somebody will really eat up that "numbers matching" SS stuff.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No SOHC's, but a few Hemi's...

Closed the deal on a '67 GTO 'vert today for a buddy of mine - I did all the looking and he did the paying. Guy that sold it has quite a car collection - not a single Ford, but one Olds (Hurst Olds), one Buick (GSX), about 6 chebbies ('62 and '63 409 cars, one '66 SS 396 Chevelle, and an SS Beaumont - Canadian Chevelle), 30 or so GTO's (every year, including the new ones), and an @$$load of Mopars - 6 hemi cars, lots of 440 stuff, some Max Wedge cars, etc.

Took a bunch of pics; may try to post some today.

Later,

SDW

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
When you make the move to TX...

We'll let those Fords across the border into Texas...And we might let you smuggle the Goat in... But you better sell that Chevelle before you move. he he.

Damn, I thought I drug a bunch of metal across the south when I moved. Still have one more car to go get in Tennessee.

Seriousely would be better to sell before you move here. Lots of rust-free cars down here compared to the mid-south / south-east.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cars

Bob,

Well, I didn't really plan on having 5 cars; it just kind of happened... The two Fairlanes are keepers - my hardtop is completely rust free, and the convt. is almost the same. The chebby will probably be on e-pay in a few weeks. Still not quite sure what to do about the Judge. I'd like to keep it, but space is the issue. I got a good deal on it, so I may put it on e-bay in a few weeks just to see...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to finding some good deals on rust-free cars when I get to Austin!

Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Darn it, this is a FAMILY website- thou shalt not mention the name of the Devil GM in our hallowed church of the BBF. Get your religion straight!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry...

Forgive me, brothers, for I have sinned. I have looked at general motors products with lust in my heart, and have two parked in my driveway (well, three if you count the Suburban). For penance I will recite 12 Hail Mary's, memorize the bore, stroke, and deck height of all 385 series engines, annoint myself with Type F tranny fluid, and sell 'dem nasty GM products as soon as possible...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have REPENTED!

Ok, good news - the chevelle is SOLD!
Better news - I sold it for a LOT more than I bought it for!
Even better news - the profit is enough to pay for my '66 F'lane convt. with enough left over to maybe pick up the '66 Fairlane GT (all original w/390, 4 sp, red/black) that I've been looking at!!!

At this rate, I might have to sell the Judge, too. That could finance a good bit of 385 and FE stuff for the Fairlanes...

Later,

SDW

·
Registered
21 Posts
If thou shalt promiseth to never again enter that den of inequity and worship thy false gods there, thou shalt be forgiven and thy soul shalt returneth to rejoice.

For it is written, thy parts car hath died for thine transgressions, and all is henceforth forgiven.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mgaugustine - very amusing.

SDW

·
Registered
7 Posts
putting a 460 in a chevelle that reminds me of a corvette I seen at carlisile all ford with a 460 in it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And then there were 6!!!

Well, I'm still accumulating cars... Latest is a Mopar - '71 GTX, 440, 4 sp, Dana 60, black on black, spoilers, air grabber hood, etc. Has 68,000 original miles and has been sitting in a garage for the past 25 years. Super solid and complete car.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about the '73 TA 455 that I bought and sold a few weeks ago... FYI - if anyone knows of any '70-'74 Trans Ams, I'm looking for another one.

Guess I'm going to have a helluva time getting all my cars from Va to Tx this summer. Might have to sell the GTX, but there's this '70 Challenger R/T that I might have to pick up... I'm also still trying to convince a guy to sell me his '68 Charger - - it has a Hemi, 4 sp, and a Dana r/e. I hear that drivetrain combo is sort of desireable... :wink:

Anyway, my family wants to know if there is some sort of Car Buyers Anonymous group out there. "Hi, my name is Scott, and I have a car buying problem..." "Hi, Scott!"

Scott

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Re: And then there were 6!!!

bulletpruf said:
Might have to sell the GTX,

Let me know if you do. A friend of mine's cousin is a Mopar fanatic and would love to have one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'll volunteer to drive one of the Fords out to Texas. I would love to see Austin again. Lived there a couple years before I joined the Air Force. Wife was stationed at Bergsrtom AFB.
I would have to say no to driving a chuvy that far though.
I would drive the Goat though as I almost always feel like the goats are a red-headed step child to chuvies like fords are. lol
clint

·
Registered
103 Posts
Re: And then there were 6!!!

bulletpruf said:
Guess I'm going to have a helluva time getting all my cars from Va to Tx this summer.
Actually, I probably Could help you move - I'm located near Lynchburg...
Can I drive one of 'em? :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, you can drive the Fairlane hardtop. Doesn't have A/C, P/S, or P/B, and it gets a bit loud on the interstate with the sewer pipe 4" exhaust, but should be fine otherwise :wink:

I'll be behind you in my Suburban, towing a tank full of racing fuel... Think 250 gallons should be enough...

Scott

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I did it again....'66 SS 396 Chevelle. Original 4 sp car, but now has a TH400. I have a few Muncies in the garage, so it'll be a 4 gear car again soon...

Sorry! :cry:

Scott

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And again...

Did it again - another GTO this time - '69, Palladium Silver, black vinyl top and a black gut. Originally 400, 4 sp, now with a strong 428 and TH400. TH400 soon to be replaced by the original 4 sp...

Also picking up another Judge next weekend - Carousel Red, Ram Air III 400, 4 sp, hideaways, hood tach, etc. No motor now, but I hope to track one down soon...

Yeah, I know, I've got a car buying problem. Guilty as charged.

Oops, forgot this was a Ford board, so I guess I should mention that I'm bringing the Fairlane to Texas next weekend (wave if you see me on I-20) and hope to get it down the track sometime in July (spending June in the woods for a military exercise).

Scott

1 - 20 of 26 Posts