460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone looking??? Are you all still planning on coming down to Crossville, TN (I-40 Dragway) for the Billy Glidden Tim Lynch showdown July 28th??? Sorry had to advertise a little :lol:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Allan,

Sorry to say that I most likely won't make it. I'm going to go racing this Saturday at MP Dragway just because it will be so COOL for July. However with these expenses (Safety Equipment, NHRA License etc.......) I can't afford to make the trip.

PLUS the fact that I did some T&T trying to get my car to run a 6.0 and the closest I got was a 6.09 in the heat. I need more chassis tuning and then I think that I will be right at 6.0 but only time will tell.

This Saturday I'm going to raise the wheelie bars again and tighten up the rear shocks in an attempt to keep from riding the wheelie bars for 30 to 40 feet :shock:

Now if by some miracle I get the car close to a 6.0 AND the wife lets me out of the house for two races in a row then there is still a chance that I may be able to make it.

I'll keep you posted :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That stinks!!! You could at least drive down and watch lol. I was hoping to get to meet some of you guys on here. Come on I will take it easy on you with that 6.09 :roll: :lol: You can't miss this show it will be great!!!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phantasea466 said:
You never know, we'll just have to play it by ear. Money is gettin tight and the wife wants to go on a vacation :mrgreen: So what tourist attractions are around crossville TN :lol: :lol:
Mountains!!! LOL

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Phantasea466 said:
What would you have to change? Door cars with a 9.10 limit in the 1/4 and no electronics. I haven't read through the FFW rules so please let me know what the difference would be. I will run the O/C class at BG and may run several races next year IF all goes well.
No air shifters and nitrous controllers. I also hear they are strictly "By the Book" on sfi. Mine is close but not perfect.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Phantasea466 said:
Hmmmmmm

I have a nitrous controller but NO nitrous :lol:
the controller is just used for a rev limiter now

All my SFI stuff is up to date or will be up to date when I get the new belts.

I think you'll be OK :wink:
My JW sfi bellhousing is out of date and I ain't sending it in to get re certified(that is just stupid) and a flexplate shield won't fit and they look at that I hear, I also ain't taking my controller or air shifter out for them lol. I am really waiting on someone to get a 8-9 second index class started. I hate open comp/mod comp to be honest. I was going to build a NMRA Renegade car but some dummy had to put in the rules that powerglides ain't allowed but they are in Drag Radial/Outlaw, what a joke... I will ALWAYS be found driving a powerglide. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
4th,

I plan on being there, I will not have my car ready by then but I plan on coming. we need to exchange cell numbers or something to be able to find everybody. I hope kevin or keith will show also

Blake

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IDT-572 said:
4th,

I plan on being there, I will not have my car ready by then but I plan on coming. we need to exchange cell numbers or something to be able to find everybody. I hope kevin or keith will show also

Blake
Mine is 423-258-3172 Allan Jones and you had the 4th in your post??? You know the race is on the 28th right :lol: Hate to hear your car won't be done.

·
Registered
330 Posts
actually Allan it all depends on who you get when it comes to tech. We get teched alot harder with FFW than we do in NMRA. Dad just fills the card out with dates and stuff and gives that to them. They never have looked at the stickers except for the suit, and such. The shifter solenoid thing is not all that bad either, I did not pay enough attention for FFW the last few years and have had it taken out the times we have been there with the car. Not so sure about the nitrous controller but I seem to remember a few drivers that use nitrous in their cars. In case their late on the light and have to try to catch the other driver and try to make them break out. But I like it better than FFW really.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cobrakid8 said:
actually Allan it all depends on who you get when it comes to tech. We get teched alot harder with FFW than we do in NMRA. Dad just fills the card out with dates and stuff and gives that to them. They never have looked at the stickers except for the suit, and such. The shifter solenoid thing is not all that bad either, I did not pay enough attention for FFW the last few years and have had it taken out the times we have been there with the car. Not so sure about the nitrous controller but I seem to remember a few drivers that use nitrous in their cars. In case their late on the light and have to try to catch the other driver and try to make them break out. But I like it better than FFW really.
I always wanted to try NMRA but everyone has gone on and on about how strict they are in tech. I have good friends at FFW that don't bother me about the stupid stuff that has no reason to be in the sfi book. I mean come on a aluminum bellhousing, if it were cracked or broke would anyone be using it??? Aluminum don't wear out so therefore can't get the every three year send it back in to get re sfi'd deal. Then after 3 times you have to buy a new one.

Also FFW pays a lot better for Mod/Comp the last I checked, I know they don't have as much contingency as NMRA but I usually don't have much of anything on that list anyhow since it's usually based on small block fuel injection stock suspension cars. FFW is debating on a 9 and a 11.50 index class for next year. If they get a 8.90 to 9.60 index I will be there a lot more Then they will have like a 9.60, 10.60, 11.50, 12.50 index classes. I think they will do away with some of the open comp type classes, hopefully.

Also they are trying this new "Nitrous Thunder" class out in Bristol this year. I think it will be a big hit and if the guy that says he is buying my car pulls through I will be in the market for a s/s car that I can run at that and ORSCA Modified Street, plus the local heads up classes around. If NMRA would have only allowed carbs and powerglides in there Renegade class I think it would have even more racers. They really shoved alot of cars out that could have been competitive by doing those rules. But ain't that how every org does??? They all come one inch to making a perfect class but then some dumb idiot adds some off the wall rule to make it where they can't compete in any other orgs races or a rule that throw all kinds of cars outside the rules.

That is why I am almost pressed to stick with the index classes. I think the true heads up racing is coming to a hault because of they way these orgs keep catering to the rich to let them add faster and faster parts so the average person can no longer afford to keep up with them. Also the days of having a one manufacture race org looks to be coming to the end as well. All orgs if they want to survive will have to open the door to all makes. I think FFW is testing the water by having the race with the Chebbies and Mopturds at Fontana this year.

Sorry to ramble on.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I still enjoy racing NMRA though. Guys seems to be much nicer at least to me. Maybe it is also the competition I think is not as hard. Bristol last year I got my butt handed to me by Hindman, so maybe that could also be some of the deal :D . But we since our JW back and had it recert and made new because it started to leak on us. But I guess it just depends on who you get to tech your car because last year in Bristol it took 10 minutes or so to get teched in when we got to George. BG took about 20 seconds he looked at the dates on the belts and my jacket and helmet and that was it. Plus I am not really worried about how much I make racing. If that was the case I would have quit before I started. I have won more money with NMRA than with FFW. Maybe this year I can stay away from Hindman and go more than 2 rounds. later Doug

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cobrakid8 said:
But we since our JW back and had it recert and made new because it started to leak on us.
Leaking??? I don't understand. A bellhousing leaking, leaking what. LOL

cobrakid8 said:
But I guess it just depends on who you get to tech your car because last year in Bristol it took 10 minutes or so to get teched in when we got to George. BG took about 20 seconds he looked at the dates on the belts and my jacket and helmet and that was it.
George is never at Bristol, that is his vacation week??? Are you sure it wasn't someone else?

·
Registered
330 Posts
looked like him. Not sure though as much as I talk to him on FFW board I should know for sure if it was him or not. But hey I was running around that car so much taking off the hood making sure this wire was unhooked and so forth. Never saw if it was his name though so maybe not.
With the bellhousing leak it was leaking out of the front sill on the transmission, the way the new JW's are made they have a little groove on them that is right before where they bolt up. The older models do not. So we sent it back to them and they made it into a new model ultrabell and than recert-ed it for us.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts