460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Thanks guys , I like the way it turned out. I was pretty limited on space with the motorplate being so narrow to place the filter and the wet sump pump. Had to relocate the overflow tank and coil. The accumulator should just clear the front brace on the doghouse,I haven't had it back on since I lowered a 1/2" .It was rubbing before that.It should be good to go.Yes Bruno ,that's the Mustang that you may be able to beat!!! If I can get the iron headed slug back in it before the bash. But you still get a shot at the Tbird :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's what you've been flopping your chops about. :roll: There's a pic of the mustang on this site under pics of bash members rides I think it's called.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Bronco(Bruno) why are you worried about that induction piece for ?Kinda trick looking ..ain't it?? It's a Faith Air spacer plate, like Charlie said..it ain't cheap, but with the help of Martin Fields(owner of Faith air)tuning it in , it went from 5.68 at 122mph with a 1.21 60ft. to 5.50 at 124.95mph and a 1.16 60ft. Also dropped the fuel consumption from 5 qts. to 3qts. a pass.We went from 200 jets and 34 degrees timing to 172's and 28 degrees timing too.I could never get it to perform very well under 32 degrees before this, and we all know the less timing ,the easier it is on parts :D I'm just wearing it out Lonewolf :roll:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
At least that Bruno,it felt like more than that in the driver's seat :D

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Call Martin Fields at 678-656-5121 Tell him I sent you. Tune it like he tells you too and you'll find some good hp. He worked for Cale Yarborough for a while doing restrictor plate testing is where he discovered how to make it work like it does. But the secret is tuning it in to suit the plate.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Is Faith Air still in business? There website is down, and it looks like it's been down for a while. Gotta love the Internet Archive.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
He's still selling them , he moved back to Georgia. I just talked to him a couple of weeks ago.He'll still take care of you.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Cool color for the valve covers, are they anodized or power coated?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts