460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Data system

Doug this is what we run, http://www.corsa-inst.com/index.html It has been trouble free, it be added to with out sending it back, we have all 8egt's, wideband O2, enging and input shaft rpm, one G meter, battery voltage, temp inside of car. Here soon we will add fuel pressure and engine vacuum. If we had to start over would take a hard look at the racepak V300. There is a new system out that I keep reading good thing about I think it is call RPM not sure. I do know they have a web site. ` The main thing I like about the racepak is it has a logbook the corsa doesn't. By the time you get all you want you will have a lot a cash tie up it the system, but with all you can see it is money well spent.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm not in the same 'league' as many of you guys, but I have a LM1 with the Aux box. I can datalog five channels with the auxbox, the a/f ratio, and the 'G' load on a single axix (front/back or side/side).

I highly doubt its as fancy as the one referenced above, but it is also a lot less money.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
169 Posts
Edelbrock

I've heard good things about the edelbrock data ac system,there is one on Racing Junk for less than 2 G's. It's the advanced system with 8 EGT's

T

·
0 Posts
Data Logger

Doug, I use a Racepak V300. I am monitoring engine rpm,driveshaft rpm,voltage, horizontal & latitudinal g-force, shock travel(all 4 corners), 8 egts, oil press, water temp, trans temp, vacuum,& brake press. The best thing about the system is that it is a modular design, Instead of individual wires running back to the logger, you just tie each component in line to each other with one line going back into the logger. I also run the V-net gauges. These are really nice. They have digital & analog read outs. Plus you don't have to have seperate lines or sensors. It is easy to set up with the software. It iis the best money I spent on my car. Plus it is easy to add to to since it is a modular hook up. This allows you to add as you can afford. Just my two cents. :D

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Data Logger

TopSportsman916 said:
Doug, I use a Racepak V300. I am monitoring engine rpm,driveshaft rpm,voltage, horizontal & latitudinal g-force, shock travel(all 4 corners), 8 egts, oil press, water temp, trans temp, vacuum,& brake press. The best thing about the system is that it is a modular design, Instead of individual wires running back to the logger, you just tie each component in line to each other with one line going back into the logger. I also run the V-net gauges. These are really nice. They have digital & analog read outs. Plus you don't have to have seperate lines or sensors. It is easy to set up with the software. It iis the best money I spent on my car. Plus it is easy to add to to since it is a modular hook up. This allows you to add as you can afford. Just my two cents. :D
I definitely like the V300 modular design and the simplicity of the installation. I wish I had heard about them before I bought all those Autometer gauges.

T

·
0 Posts
Autometer gauges

Hey do what I did. I had bought all autometer gauges plus a playback tach. I sold them with no problem. I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker. The V-net gauges make such a neat installation. You have short jumper cables that piggy back to each gauge then the last gauge ties into the main v-net cable. No making a wiring harness for the gauge lights. They are powered by the data logger. Plus you don't have to put alot of holes in the firewall for the gauge lines to run through either. Like I said, The V300 was the best money I spent. It has already payed for it's self. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Racepak

Doug, don't forget that Racepak has the v-net dashes now. Pretty awesome set up. Just one screen in lieu of a bunch of gauges. If I didn't already have v-net gauges, I would be getting one... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts