460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good data logger for monitoring fuel pressure, engine rpm, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure and air/fuel at each port? Also, I'd like to be able to have a display on the dash to monitor some of these functions.

Thanks
Alan

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
A Racepak V300 is an excellent choice. Racepak offers V-net gages or the v-net dash. It is a modular design that has only four cables running from the data logger. 1 cable is the power, 1 cable is digital ( 4 channels), 1 cable is analog ( 4 channels), & 1 cable is v-net (32 channels). Check out their website www.racepak.com . It is extemely simple to add sensors at a later date due to the modular design of the v-net side. Here are some pics of my set up. Please excuse everything being dirty. I had just pulled the engine & hadn't had time to wipe everything down.
Here is the V-300 logger
[/URL][/img]

Here is the dash with the V-net gages. They are analog & digital. Racepak also offers a V-net dash.
[/URL][/img]

Here is behind the dash. Note how the gages hook up by piggy backing the cables & then having a single cable tie into the v-net line.
[/URL][/img]

Here is a pic showing how the plugs hook together.
[/URL][/img]

Here's a pic showing the egt boxes
[/URL][/img]

Here is a pic of the rear shock travel sensors
[/URL][/img]

·
Registered
902 Posts
10-4 on the racepak stuff, alot more modern if you will, and not more $$$, than the older stuff where bunches of wiring went everywhere. They have the V series, V-300 and so on, and the new G2Xpro with GPS groundspeed. As far as O2's in every cyl, sounds fairly expensive. Most I've seen run egt probes in every header tube and an O2 sensor in each header collector. Ya sort out cyl to cyl tuning with the plug readings in conjunction with egts and monitor overall mixture ratio with O2s. They have guages that plug directly in to the wiring or complete dash readouts. You can start pretty basic and add to it as you go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts