460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me with the method or any good links to testing a delay box for accuracy without sending it in to the manufacturer? i've heard of this being done, i'm just not sure how:confused:. dedenbear CO-2 crossover box came with the car and sounds like soleniod is releasing when it should, but just for "piece of mind" and fewer headaches would like to know its accurate.:cool:
thanx fellas
greg

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Yea,there is a way. One of my friends has a osyliscope of some kind that he tests with. Call Dedendear,they might tell you what it is.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hey Greg, get in touch with Freddy Hancock, they have a scope where he works and he can check it there.:cool: He took his in last summer when he thought he was having issues with his box...turned out the box was ok.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I went through this last year. I found a delay box tester for $300. but it was out of production. I ended up sending our Biondo unit back to Digital Delay. They tested it for $35. Hard to beat that. The only thing that bothered my about it was the fact that there was no detail about the results of the test other than tested ok.

If you had access to a two channel oscilloscope you could easily test it yourself. I have recently found that it is possible to "build" your own PC based scope using your PC sound card and either home made or purchased probes. I'm planning on giving that a try. Just do a Google search for "sound card oscilloscope".

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeff, i got with freddy and the high dollar fluke meter he used to test with belonged to a guy who no longer works there. you dont have an oscilloscope do you?? if not then i'll give dedenbear tech support a call and see what test they recommend (other than the obvious of sending it to them:rolleyes:) $35 isnt bad though..and now the homework begins, thanks fellas
greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts