460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of diamond pistons for tfs a-heads. Part number 63212. Located in Il. 217-691-1909. $700 obo. Can send pictures. Have all the specs if interested.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are customs. They have a 1.360 comp ht and. +2cc dome. They have large valve reliefs for a lot of cam witch lowers the cc's. H-13 pins. They will work with 4.3 stroke and 6.8 rods or 4.5 with 6.7's. Make me an offer they've been sittin on the shelf. I run a big bore so I don't need them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These pistons were made for a 460 heads that were milled to 76cc chambers. They will work on any TFS A-head that has 76cc chambers or larger. They were set up for a 532 at 0 deck clearance and a .041" gasket to make 13.88 to 1. They would make 14.48 to 1 in that same combo only with a 4.5" stroke to make 557. These numbers are for steel rods as with aluminums you would have to be .020" lower in the hole. They may work with smaller cc than 76 but you would have to clay it to find out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
still thinking about this. They would work with my older FORD A460's. We did talk yesterday about this. Rings with it as well?

Ace

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
OK looking at picture number 2. It looks like there cut for 3 rings and then the oil control ring a well. Or am i seeing things.

Ace

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In between the two rings is a bevel. I am not sure about the older style 100%, but I would say yes. Someone correct me if i am wrong. No rings with pistons. Just the supports rail for the oil ring. Pending sale as of today. I will keep posted. Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pistons still for sale. The middle groove between first and second ring is an accumulator groove. These pistons are well over $1000 from diamond.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
thats a hell of a deal, i paid $1,100 for my custom A-460 Diamonds, and theyb also have a rail support,

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't be shy to give me a call or message me about these pistons. Another bonus if you live in the lower 48 ill pay the shipping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts