460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new set of 4.42 bore pistons for a 4.5 stroke, 6.8 rod, they have valve notches for the P51's and the factory valve locations, They are flat tops. I also have the total seal rings for these, I will take $800. + shipping...

There is noting at all wrong with these pistons just my present block will not clean up, so I will let these go for less so I can get another set of pistons to work with my block. If I don't sell them I will have another block fit for them just, working on a few options so I can make it to the Bash :wink:

Randy

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Darn Randy I just ordered the very same thing from Lem a week ago. :( :( :(

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Several suppliers here on the forum. Adney, Lem and Carl come to mind quickly, but there are a host of others.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BBFCJ said:
....dont happen to have rods and crank to go with pistons do ya??

yes I do but I am going to use them I just selling these pistons cuz the block I want to use is a couple thousands to big on the bore, so I am working on a couple options sell these and get a set of 4.44's or completely do another block, or sleeve my other block but that is a last resort...

Randy

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
BBFCJ said:
are these part #40526*?
If so, any idea what the asterisk indicates by the part # in catalog?
The asterisk means that the pin intersects the oil ring. If that's a concern for you, you can use the piston listed for the 4.3 crank/6.8 rod combo with a 4.5 crank/6.7 rod combo as the pin doesn't intersect the oil ring. I've done it several times.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Thanks carl.
I remember reading about that somewhere, but forgot what it said.
Just how big of a concern is it?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
BBFCJ said:
Thanks carl.
I remember reading about that somewhere, but forgot what it said.
Just how big of a concern is it?
Eh, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about really.

Some people get a little uptight about it and that's probably why they make note of it, but I've built a few engines with pistons that have pins intersecting the oil ring and it hasn't presented any problems at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts