·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO MUCH FOR THOSE RODS, .........I GUESS ITS MILLER RODS NOW

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Yes, so to speak due to money troubles. They've got a different name now, Ackerly & Childs I think it is. I haven't had my morning coffee yet so,,,,,,I may be mistaken.

·
8,522 Posts

Childs & Albert files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As has been rumored for the past few months, Childs & Albert filed Chapter 7 earlier this month and has shut the doors. C & A was in business for almost 40 years and was a highly respected supplier of rings, bearings, connecting rods and associated parts.

Rocky Childs and Bruce Walker bought out Jimmy Albert's equity in the business back in the mid 1990's, then Bruce bought Rocky out in 2000. Consequently Rocky and Ray Akerly, former sales manager at C & A, opened Akerly & Childs and they have been supplying rings and bearings to professional engine builders and racers for the past few years.

Too bad to see a respectable business like Childs & Albert cease operations after a long and successful run. Bruce Walker will likely resurface at some point in the future in some sort of piston ring supply organization, as he was the driving force behind the ring division of C & A. Rod manufacturing is uncertain at this point, as Rocky still holds the patents for the C & A rod manufacturing processes and design.

copy/paste

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
so is childs and akerly still in busness
and childs and albert went tits up?
i run a set of childs and akerly rings and they seem so far
as some very nice stuff
hope this dosent start a trend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts