460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place to buy a diesel exhaust system. I am trying to find the best price for a Magnaflow 5" turbo back exhaust or just a good fitting 5" turbo back kit.

Anyone have any hook-ups?

The wife wants me to get the exhaust but I'd rather spend the money on the race truck, so I am looking for the best deal.

2007 F250 6.0

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do a cat back system. I'm a dealer for DPP, have not bought anything in ages from them though.
I was debating on a cat back or full turbo back. I know the turbo back isn't 5" from the turbo but I believe it is a 4" dp and 5" back.

I have had a 4" turbo back before but it wasn't very loud, I want this to be noticable.

PS.My kitty cat might go missing.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
The muffler is the biggest restriction, leaving the cat wont affect your warranyt, the full set up can. The dealers are really cracking down on stuff, we were real lax but here in the last few months with all the auro industry in turmoil they are looking to save every penny they can. We had a meeting this moring and basicly we cannot replace oil or coolant unless specified by the TSB or repair procedure. Its half *** I feel but its thier rules.

A 4" dp is tight in there, I have hell with the trucks I have to disturb the exhaust system and it has a 4" dp, near impossible to keep it from makling noise, and a lot of time the customer gets told we dont have to be responsible for it as its aftermarket.

If your having good luck with it dont mess with the thing IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will more than likely just go with the cat back to save some money. I'd love to get a new turbo with the 03 turbine. Get that turbo whine like the 03's had.

Ya with the 4" dp I had to move stuff around so it wouldn't hit anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts