460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.....friend (Chevy guy #1) and I are talking at work about a Monte Carlo SS he just bought. Person ( lets just call him Chevy Guy#2 ) he bought it from is clearing out his shop and just wants space back. Asks my friend if he knows any Ford guys who would be interested in buying a 1971 429 and C6 his father gave him years ago. Tells my friend its a Cobra Jet and he just wants it out of the shop. $250 and anyone can have it. :lol: Friend immediately calls me after he got home. :p Tells me about the 429CJ complete from carb to oil pan and the transmission. Went there today, cash in hand hoping for the best. As luck would have it.......no valve covers :( ..no guide plates.. :? ..pedestal mount rockers...heads covered in dirt up to the top of the valve cover rail...D5 casting number on water pump.. the dreaded D2VE-AA head casting number.... :shock: ....D1VE-A2B block casting number.....sigh............................ :evil: ..Damn chevy guys :evil: ..................

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Tell the seller he is wrong & doesn't have what he claims it is. Tell him it's all crap,......and then offer him $20-40 bucks for everything.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Dang......

Bigblock89, I think that's the best use of emoticons that I have ever seen. :lol: Bummer story though. Why does everyone with a 429 think it's a Cobra Jet?? :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts