460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The discovery channel just got done filming 2 days at my work. Some show this winter called belly of the beast.
Will be interested to see what they show.
Of course I wasn't on there weraring my bash shirt.
Dang 3rd and uniform policy

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
What do you do?

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Sweet, i work in the Construction Industry and we get involved in alot of "Bigger" construction projects and use some of those big trucks from time to time. I've also seen alot of them in the mining industries over the years, truly massive stuff.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I worked at Komatsu for 10 years at the USTC Libertyville. I've been down there to lay strain gages in the past. Are they building the 960 yet? It was on test at DPG when I left in 2005.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That big sucker looks like it moves pretty damn fast. I love the Discovery Channel. I watch it all the time. People are amazed when I say its my favorate channel cause I'm not all nerdy smart

·
Registered
823 Posts
Cool, I'll be watching for it on TV. My work was filmed and on Discovery as well. We were on How It's Made and Modern Marvels. The How It's Made episode was parachutes, pistons, and something else. We make parachutes. The Modern Marvels episode was called "Build it Bigger" IIRC, and was about our 30,000 lb Megafly system. Won't find me on TV though, I'm a Network Admin, so I keep all the technology working behind the scenes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts