460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be running a Predator carb which has no vacuum ports. I am wondering what my options are with my stock distributor if any? I would rather not drill a vacuum port in the carb. Is a mechanical distributor my best bet? I have also heard of just advancing the timing up to like 34 deg. but I am not very familiar with that.

·
Premium Member
9,041 Posts
murraypj said:
I am going to be running a Predator carb which has no vacuum ports. I am wondering what my options are with my stock distributor if any? I would rather not drill a vacuum port in the carb. Is a mechanical distributor my best bet? I have also heard of just advancing the timing up to like 34 deg. but I am not very familiar with that.

The type if distributor you use depends on intended use. If this is a race only deal then vacuum advance in not needed.

If it will see some street duty mileage and response at part throttle will be better with vacuum advance hooked up. You can use manifold vacuum.

Here are some instructions for recurving the stock duraspark distributor.

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/Duraspark_distributor_recurve_instructions_index.html

8)

·
Premium Member
9,041 Posts
RE: dist

murraypj said:
Thanks. This is a mostly mud truck with occasional street driving. No competition just fun.

I would recurve the stock distributor and use it with manifold vacuum.

8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts