460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering how difficult it would be to put a 460 in a 64 ford Falcon? A friend of mine has one that he drag races, it currently has a 428. A conversion to a 460 based engine has been talked about, but he is worried that the fire wall will need to be cut back to get it to fit.

I am sure its been done, so if anyone has pics I would like to see them.

Thank you,
Kyle

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
If it has had a FE in it, it should'nt be a problem. I had a FE in my Mav. before I changed to a 460 and it sat in the same spot, Mount wise. LOL Rick

D

·
0 Posts
Their are a few guys with them on here, I'm not sure what they did to get them in, I do know a couple of them are Chassis cars.

Danthefordman had a badd a$$ twin turbo one but it is a chassis car.

·
Registered
545 Posts
What they said. An FE doesn't go in a 64 Falcon on a whim, you have to make room for it. No way it fits in the stock compartment. So if it's set up for the FE, the 460 should be no big deal. The 460 is pretty long, but only about 2" or so more than an FE.

·
Registered
371 Posts
we are getting ready to pull the 347 out of our 64 falcon sedan. we are using the Crites Restoration shock tower kit and associated parts. to start out with it will be the 460 thunderjet 365 hp engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts