460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new FMS C460 cam for sale as they no longer make this cam and it is what I need for my combo

P.S. please feel free to leave me a message

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You will really like this cam. I bought one from Lem two years ago, and it's great on the street. The catalog had smaller specs than the actual box "cam card", so here's a pic of the profile. Good luck with it. I didn't know they weren't making it anymore. When I finally get a good day at the track, I'll post my setup and times.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the cam Thursday great service B F Evans !

I used to have this cam in my combo I called comp and the idiot I talked to told me a 294s would be a better cam for my app . I have looked for about 2 years to find another one , I have even tried to get one custom ground but noone I talked to would do it because ford owns the patent on it . The one I used to have was 598/621 with 248/258 @.050 . It had a nice rough idle and great power !

I wanted to see if I could get more power , comp said I would get about forty more but to tell you the truth it felt like I had taken my stealth back off and put a stock intake back on it . My et's pretty much proved that !

My ETs went from low 12's to low 13's by switchin to the 294s on street tires .

Everyone ( the cam companies ) said my cam was too big for my 9.6:1 compression , my engine told me otherwise by the power it made !!!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I ordered the cam Thursday great service B F Evans !

I used to have this cam in my combo I called comp and the idiot I talked to told me a 294s would be a better cam for my app . I have looked for about 2 years to find another one , I have even tried to get one custom ground but noone I talked to would do it because ford owns the patent on it . The one I used to have was 598/621 with 248/258 @.050 . It had a nice rough idle and great power !

I wanted to see if I could get more power , comp said I would get about forty more but to tell you the truth it felt like I had taken my stealth back off and put a stock intake back on it . My et's pretty much proved that !

My ETs went from low 12's to low 13's by switchin to the 294s on street tires .

Everyone ( the cam companies ) said my cam was too big for my 9.6:1 compression , my engine told me otherwise by the power it made !!!

My last time at the track, I babied the Fairlane through the quarter with 5000rpm granny shifts and walking it off the line, to the tune of 12.3 @ 115. I just installed the CalTracs and wanted to take it easy on that first run. The next run I rev'd her up to 3000, dumped the clutch, and collapsed the spring pads and busted up the driveshaft and u-joints. :D I finally had traction! I rebuilt everything, but haven't been to the track yet. I'll have a new Quick Fuel 950 (from the Holley 850DP) from Lem for the next trip to the track, so I know I'll be in the 11's for sure. This C460 cam can make some power, with the SCJ-A heads, and I also have about 9.5:1 compression on pump gas.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
First of all I want to take time to say thanks to Lem Evans !!! I got the cam tuesday fast shipping !!!

My times last year were 12.60's ran one 12.42 but blew the trans on that run never duplicated that time .

My combo was 2700# 86 ranger narrowed 9 inch , 4.11 gears , ladder bars , coil-overs , 28x10.5 mt et drags , C-6 with 2400 stall 71 lincoln 460 w/ 9.6:1 compression , DOVE-C heads 2.245/1.8 valves , stealth intake , 750 dp carb , msd 8580 , 10 point cage .

This year I completely redid my combo , recurved the dist. , bought QFT 950 , completely rebuilt trans with all tci parts and 3500 stall , put in B&M pro ratchet due to reverse manual v/b ,

I ordered the C-460 from lem that will get installed next month . I want to see what all the other changes have done with that crappy 294S . Then I will change the cam and see how this thing will really run !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts