460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I interested in some new tires and thought I would ask on here first before I bought out of a catalog.

I figure there would for sure be a dealer on here that would help a fellow BBF owner out! :D

I want to get a price on the 3056R and look at purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well if no one sells these tires can someone give me a name of a good place to buy? That might be able to beat Summit's price?

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Tires

Dave D said:
Here in the Detroit area Mccormick Racing sells them. They are also an Ebay dealer.

I am told that they will measure roll out for you and match them up.
On Ebay they may offer free shipping.

http://mccrace.phpwebhosting.com/tires/
I forget about E-bay. I have never dealt with it. I will have to look when I get home.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Tires

Dave D said:
Here in the Detroit area Mccormick Racing sells them. They are also an Ebay dealer.

I am told that they will measure roll out for you and match them up.
On Ebay they may offer free shipping.

http://mccrace.phpwebhosting.com/tires/
Well I should have a set coming to me from this place! Not a bad price at all and free shipping.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Just call them direct and ask for Carl Robinson. He's the motorsports tire and wheel director. He's been a dear friend for 30 years and is new to mickey thompson and is doing a great deal in testing new tires with Billy Glidden. Carl recently worked For Weld wheels and was the motorsports manager over there and got out just befor the chapter 11. If he can't swing the best deal he will get you in touch with one of his dealers that can. just tell him NICKEL sent you

Ace

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
7DMACH1 said:
Yes, he's the man. I was with him and all the people from Mickey Thompson including Billy Glidden at the tire testing in Bradenton last Monday.
Well, I didn't think about calling them because I had called them before and asked tech a question or two and it was like talking to a machine.

I asked if there was any formula to go by when trying to size tires? Because I had a lot of information. But all he kept saying was, "sir we have people putting 2,000 hp throught that size tire." "No we don't have any charts or formulas to help you fiqure out what you need" I don't know why they even have someone in tech.

Anyway, I know a lot of local guys like the tires so I just looked past the lack of help. Both times I called I got the same young fella. I was hoping for somone more helpful.

I now have a set on the way and should be here next week.

I bought the 29.5 x 9.0 ET drag radial

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I found a killer price on some Mickey Thompson wheels! I bought a pair of 15x10 with a 4.5 back spacing on a 5 x 5/ 5.5 bolt spacing!

He said he also has a 15x12's with a 5x5/5.5 bolt spacing for a lower price.

I bought them from: Larry Hodge 217-677-2358 Super nice fella!

So I now have a set of;

Mickey Thompson Et drag 29.5 x 9 radial & Mickey Thompson Et Drag 15x10's

·
Registered
259 Posts
Larry Hodge is a super guy to deal with, he also sells tires, I bought a set of MT slicks from him last year. I believe he is in Southern Illinois

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This picture makes the wheel look like it is sticking out past the bed but it isn't. It has about 1/2" clearance between the lip.

This is some messurements someone asked for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts