1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I can't believe that I actually agree with the ACLU for once :?:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Possibly the first time I have EVER found myself in agreement with the ACLU, AND Marion Barry.
I am saddend by how many Americans are already living in areas where their constitutional rights have been compromised or eliminated. I thank goodness that living in Maine affords me the opportunity to protect my family, possibly save innocent lives, and otherwise act like the law abiding citizen that I am while I legally go about my business in the good company of Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson.
I deleted a whole bunch more commentary for fear of being banned. I can only suggest being an active, informed, and watchful voter.
Matt
IDPA "expert" rating in Stock Service Pistol
USPSA "B" class in Production

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I have several...

I have several of them. Some work real slick, some are junk, and some stovepipe the last round every time. Real quality stuff. :lol: :lol: The AR-15 is the same way. Every magazine has its own personality. :lol:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
what does "stovepipe" a round mean? I have never used that terminology.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
The last..

The last round doesn't go into the chamber. It stands straight up and the bolt catches it in an upright position sticking up out of the gun. That's how you know you're done with that mag. :? :lol: :lol: 119.00 dollar gun bought 15 years ago. Everybody should have one. I've put thousands of rounds through it, and the only real problem has been the el cheapo magazines.

I like my M1 Garand the best though, it's not exactly a cheap plinking toy like the SKS. 1000 rounds for 89 bucks. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
My Dad told me that back in Vietnam sometimes you'd pick up an captured AK47 and it would be pretty good but other times pretty junky. I think the ones made in Check. were good, China and other places not so hot.

I'm not into guns all that much myself personally but I'm certainly not opposed to people having them as long as they are used in a safe and respectful manner what's the problem? I gun is a powerful piece of equipment and I feel that everyone should be educated on how to deal with firearms safely sort of like sex-ed I'd say...

There was a story on the radio the other day that ties into this deal in DC where this lady lived. She had been threatened by some drug dealer for bringing the law down on him. She asked a friend who's a policeman what to do and he told her to get a gun! I'm happy I don't live in a situation like she does.

D

·
0 Posts
Its the same old story, The problem in the "Criminals" and they go after the regular people.

That is one Scary Story thier........... House to house Searches for something your allowed to own under the Constitution.........Hummm Sounds like something from the 1930's....

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hummm Sounds like something from the 1930's....
Thats what I thought also, I guess it is a "volunteer" deal. The police ask if they can search and if the person agree's it becomes an legal search. This includes "anything" the might find during the search that is illegal.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hotrod - I have never been there but have heard from friends who have that it is a scary place.

Before I moved back to Iowa, I lived in Milwaukee for 20 years. I own guns and a rottweiler. :wink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
the russian sks seems to be better quality machined not stamped like the china version sks kinda like engine parts you get what you pay for .it wasnt that long ago a chinease sks was 60.00. right off the boats

·
Registered
867 Posts
It will be a cold day in hell before they get into my house. Period!!! I took an oath to support and defend the constitution, even if I have to do so on my front porch.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think a lot of people would feel threatened/intimidated by the police coming to their door for a search and if they said "no" they might feel that there would reprecussions. It would be good way for the police to scare the weak/misunderstood.

When was the last time a police officer told you you laws and explained you your rights..they don't. If you are not informed enough to know them they will use them against you and this would be a case in which they would. :wink:

I am not a gun collector by any means, all of my guns are mostly family guns that have been passed down and haven't been used in years they will continue to be passed down. :wink:

·
Registered
271 Posts
SKS

A buddy of mine pulled an SKS out of a tunnel in Cambodia. It would ocasionally slam fire. Just be sure you always have it pointed in a safe direction.

James

·
Registered
928 Posts
Re: SKS

Fairlane62 said:
A buddy of mine pulled an SKS out of a tunnel in Cambodia. It would occasionally slam fire. Just be sure you always have it pointed in a safe direction.

James
Yes, many of the SKS models will "slam fire" due to the lack of a spring loaded firing pin assy. In fact, some of the AK's will as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts