460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a .040 dove block with spayed center 3 main caps that I can't do anything with. The block will need to be line bored as the caps were installed but not final machined.

I bought this block from a forum member a while ago and was told it was standard bore. I just got my roating assembly with .030 pistons and took everything to machine and found out the bore is +.040 and my pistons will not work. At this point a block is cheaper then new pistons. so thats the route I will go.

$600 plus shipping from 97006 Portland Oregon

thanks Justin 503 412 8141

·
Registered
765 Posts
That's a nice piece. I've got one I put program main caps on myself...
Have you considered selling the pistons at a minimal loss and replacing them w the correct bore for your block? The block you have is awefully desireable and can be tough to find. Not the run of the mill $100 d1 block.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been kicking around every idea to keep This block. I'm not taking a penny less then my asking price. I know its a great piece .I got another dove block that I'm going to see if I can use but it does not have the splayed mains. Catch 22 I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
In all seriousness, it matters not which brand the main caps are. Any 4-bolt steel cap conversion will hold up to a greater amount of abuse than the block will ever handle. That being said, I saw that block with it was in the hands of the previous owner and I believe them to be early Milodon caps.

Great Deal.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts