460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauging intrest, I have a Dove block 30 over fully machined & ready to assmble. Also have a set of Milodon splayed caps to go with it, they have not been installed. I bought the block from Paul Kane, he did all the oiling modes that are done to the block. Also have a new alum. girdle from SVO that will go with it, it's made by DSS. Block has arp main studs also, I have the studs that go with the Girdle. $1000.00 OBO..... (I have $575.00 in main caps & girdle alone.) Paul had all the macnhing done. Thanks!
P.S I will work with anyone on the shipping.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bored & honed with trorq plates, thermo cleaned, decked, line honed, deburred, oiling mode for pauls stage 1 pump. 4 bolt Caps need to be installed. HasCam bearings. Very nice block & it beats searching the junk yards.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have the original caps. I live in south GA. The block has over 500.00 dallors worth of machine work. Were are you located? I have a nice crate ready for shipping.

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Per Chuck's request, here are some pictures of the D0VE-A block. Some oiling features were added after these pictures were taken.
  • 1970 D0VE-A 2-bolt Boss bulkhead block
  • Thermocleaned & magged
  • Align Honed
  • Square decked
  • ARP Main studs
  • Cam bearings installed
  • .030" overbore & hone
  • New freeze plugs
  • Lifter valley vent holes deburred + drainbacks blended
  • Pump-to-filter pad gallery opened to .5625" (9/16-inch)
  • May 4, 1970 casting date
  • Sprayed with anti-corrossion preservative.
Pictures below. Please note that the brown residue all over the block is not rust but is the anti-corrossion preservative that keeps the machined block rust free.

Paul

·
Registered
294 Posts
Chuck,

Sorry for the incorrect name. I was sending several replies and got the names crossed. I live in OK for shipping. What was the shipping cost from CA?

Mike

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Guys,

Just for clarification. That's a 1970 DOVE-A block with the thick main webs. It is easier to install the Milodon 4 bolt main caps on that block, than to install the Blue Thunder 4 bolt main caps on a D1VE block with the thin main webs. Also as Paul said, that block has the Boss 429 main bulkheads, which are stonger with more material above the front and rear main bearings saddles. In fact, if you wanted to, you could install a #1 front main 4 bolt cap.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry the block is sold, I have another 70 Dove block that has a fresh 30 over bore. I will also come with new Milodon caps. It doesn't have as much machine work as the above block. like to get 550.00 for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts