460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a dove headed engine in an old thunderbird. The breather says thunder jet. Not sure what the block says. I guess being blind to the inside of the engine as far as the cylinder walls and whether the head bolts come out without breaking, i have no idea
about what would an engine like this be worth?
Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh its been sitting for a bunch of years and really dont know if the crank will turn or not. I dout it will but not sure. The owner don't know either.

·
Registered
102 Posts
what year is the car do you have any pics of it, I am about 1.5-2 hrs from alma any more info would be great :D

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Thunder Jet

what year is the car do you have any pics of it, I am about 1.5-2 hrs from alma any more info would be great :D
I have one that came out of a 71 T Bird also had 11 to 1 before they cut back the comp. It also has the dove Heads on It. check the # on the block if you can see them.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok but i bout know seeing the # on the block is going to be hard because of the manifolds. It got the suicide doors. I think its a 1967.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
dove block

Ok but i bout know seeing the # on the block is going to be hard because of the manifolds. It got the suicide doors. I think its a 1967.
Thanks
well I had a 69 T bird also with the suicide doors, but It had a 428 in it. It was stolen under my friends storage shed. Cant really help on that one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts