460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of DOVE-C heads that were on a '71 Lincoln 460. I went with Edelbrock heads so I no longer need the iron heads. They have screw in rocker studs and were "redone" just before I bought the car. The paperwork indicate that 8 new valves, 16 new seats, 16 new guides were installed. The heads were resurfaced .008" I have paperwork on the valve job if anyone is interested.
There is no documentation of mileage and I have no way of guessing. The receipt is dated about a year before I took the engine apart.

I'm not sure what a fair price would be. I'm in Los Angeles.
Thanks,
Bill Kemp

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds fair to me.

Sounds like a fair offer. Let me find the rocker arms that were on the heads. If you give me your address I'll get a price for shipping.
Thanks,
Bill Kemp

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shipping cost

I just got a quote from UPS to ship both heads of $121.
Fedex Ground would be $90.

Can you think of a more economical way to get them to you? The heads weigh 66 pounds each so I estimated 150 pounds total. I sure won't make anything on shipping. Whatever it costs is what you would pay. I'm open to suggestions.
Bill Kemp

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take pics if you want

Sorry, I have no pay pal account. I have heard of problems with them so I never bothered. There were no guide plates on the heads.

My email is:
[email protected]

I'll go shoot some photos now. It would be easier if you sent me your direct enail address and I'll send them to you ASAP.

Bill Kemp

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dove-C heads still available

I have had several inquiries but the heads are still available. It would be good for someone to get some use out of them, they are just taking up shelf space here. I just found the receipt and the work that was done to the heads cost just over $500.

Thanks,
Bill Kemp
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Bill,

I've sold a few sets of heads and shipped them as far as Washington from Kentucky. If you package the heads separately then the shipping should be a little cheaper. So Two packages at 66# each instead of One package weight 132#. Just a FYI

Also check the Engine Build Page for Paul's procedure on packaging the heads. Very useful!

Edit:

Well I was going to post you a link but now I can't find it :roll:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the information

I appreciate the information.
The D0VE heads are still available. So are fairly new MSD 6AL, MSD Coil, 460 MSD distributor, Edelbrock fuel pump and Edelbrock fuel pressure regulator. I also have a Holley 950 HP carb that has some problems.

Bill Kemp
[email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
950 HP Holley

I bought the Holley on Ebay and the seller said it was not modified and not repaired. When I was about 2300 miles from home the GLUED IN Helicoil came loose on a lower primary float bowl bolt. It's originally a 12-24 bolt. I was in the sticks and the only way I could keep it from leaking was to install a 5/16 bolt. There is a 12-24 Helicoil in a top primary float bowl that was not installed straight.

It got me home.

Do you think that I had unkind thoughts about the untruthful seller of that carb?

Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2 problems

I am not sure what the carb is worth. I'm sure that it can be fixed but since I'm changing to EFI my interest in fixing a carb is low.

2nd problem. I am leaving in about 6 hours to work at an airshow in Wisconsin and won't be back home in Los Angeles until August 4th.

I am certainly open to offers on any of the stuff but I can't ship anything until I get back home. Make me a fair offer.
Bill

1 - 20 of 22 Posts